Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticketmaster: Scalper attack jammed web traffic during Springsteen ticket sales | NJ.com

That's exactly what it felt like and I thought it must've been this morning when it was impossible to get anything on TM. Nevertheless, I did manage to get through for a Newark ticket when I refreshed right when TM rebooted after crashing shortly before noon. But oy, what a hassle!

and i was annoyed enough that it took me 10 minutes of cursing out ticketmaster to get mine. :huh: i would have probably slaughtered a couple goats in hopes of appeasing the ticket gods had i'd had that.

And I have to be in church with my kid at precisely 10AM Saturday for his first confession...shouldn't the Catholic Church check these things before scheduling stuff?

If I had known I could/would have tried for you. You should have asked :) Two ticket limit for GA and I thought the GA would be paperless but apparently it isn't? Or that's another TM screwup? That's really not logical, I would think of all sections to be paperless to prevent scalping GA would be it.

Too bad he couldn't add a date but Fri is the only open date there and he'd have to come back from PA.

If I had known I could/would have tried for you. You should have asked :) Two ticket limit for GA and I thought the GA would be paperless but apparently it isn't? Or that's another TM screwup? That's really not logical, I would think of all sections to be paperless to prevent scalping GA would be it.

Too bad he couldn't add a date but Fri is the only open date there and he'd have to come back from PA.

I had a friend try and fail...not sure how strong an effort he put in.
I will hopefully find a release.
Did you get GA or seats?

Curious what sections were paperless. GA would make sense but I assume they had to limit the number of paperless tix so as not to have a logistical nightmare getting folks in on show night and GA folks are gonna line up ahead of time depending on what he's doing system-wise this time out for admission.

I assume sections like 13, 14, 21 and 22 are paperless, but wonder just how many were paperless.

I had a friend try and fail...not sure how strong an effort he put in.
I will hopefully find a release.
Did you get GA or seats?

Curious what sections were paperless. GA would make sense but I assume they had to limit the number of paperless tix so as not to have a logistical nightmare getting folks in on show night and GA folks are gonna line up ahead of time depending on what he's doing system-wise this time out for admission.

I assume sections like 13, 14, 21 and 22 are paperless, but wonder just how many were paperless.

I got GA. At this point I prefer it to seats just because I can escape certain people in seats and I'm not stuck there, and I can escape them in GA too. Hopefully he will do it like last time and you don't have to wait around all day. I don't even know what sections were paperless, they just said certain reserved sections. It was just no ticketfast for GA, they're mailing them. I'm sure ACE ticket got a ton of them.

I remember last tour I met a father and daughter who got their GA from the ACE ticket across the street that day and the guy told me they weren't that expensive, he didn't say how much. I loathe the idea of buying them that way but if all else fails.

i couldn't get ticketmaster to come up with anything other than crappy behind the stage crap, because ticketmaster hates me. but honestly, i'll take craptastic seats over no seats. it's still springsteen. i'm afraid to try to do GA again. i'm never going to luck out number-wise in line like i did last time, and i'm sure i'll wind up in the pocket of suckitude, unable to get somewhere in the crowd where the non-lame people are. and that will just be even more disappointing. at least i know my seats suck beforehand, and expect that the people around me will as well. at least i know my mom and brother will be rocking out with me. yeah, i'm so cool.

Unfortunately, this is getting more difficult at Springsteen shows.

if i'm near the kinds of asshats who were on the train back to where i'd parked my car after the show on what i think was the magic tour, i may punch somebody. "i did the adult thing and sat down during most of the songs." "they played too many songs no one knew." them's fighting words.

i liked the guy standing in front of me in hartford on the floor. he checked out of the hospital AMA after having a heart attack earlier in the week because he had already missed 2 show, but said there was no way he was missing another. that guy is the man.

I'm always surprised by the love for Springsteen on this board. I don't know one person who likes him. I think it's a 'merican thing

Oh, I didn't mean to come in here to poop on everyone's parade. I thought I was in the Random thread.... Sorry..... I'll be in the menstruation thread if anyone needs me

I'm always surprised by the love for Springsteen on this board. I don't know one person who likes him. I think it's a 'merican thing

Have you listened to his '70s albums?

If you've listened to the albums he made in the 1970s, there would be no logical reason for you to be at all "surprised" by anybody loving the Boss.

I will only discuss it in the random thread because I think it's douchey to barge into artist specific threads and trash them unless it's avril lavigne

i'm still a firm believer that people who say they don't like springsteen just heard the wrong albums. i find it impossible to believe that unless you hate all things rock n roll, and abhor acoustic stuff (which accounts for the other albums), there's something that would be appealing to pretty much anyone. hate synth-y, infamously misinterpreted fist-pumpy born in the usa? hell, there are other versions of that song alone that sound nothing like the overplayed, cringeworthy album version*. it's just a matter of being directed toward the right albums/songs.

*i actually don't hate it in all its straight-up 80s glory, although it's far from my favorite. makes perfect sense to me why someone might hate that song.

I actually kinda like that song, too. But then again, I heard most of the album Born in the U.S.A. throughout my childhood at some point and time, so I think that's the biggest reason I'm fine with those songs. I said once that I'm generally pretty forgiving of most cheesy '80s/early '90s music for that very reason. Not saying that's a rational reason or anything, but there we are.

But, I do like other stuff from Bruce, too, that isn't all '80s pop type sorts of things. I fully see why his stuff from the '70s is considered classic rock and roll, and love those songs as well.

Production aside, Dancing In The Dark is a great, great pop song. You could play that one in just about any context, acoustically, electrically, whatever and it still has a highly memorable chord progression, relatable lyrics and an epic chorus.

The only thing to specifically recommend the studio version is Clarence's outro solo. Lovely.

That is pretty hilarious. I mean, really, even without listening to the words, did Springsteen ever present himself as someone who would even remotely associate with the Republican ideals of that day? Ever?

Even more hilarious is how many politicians since then have made similar blunders. There's been no shortage of stories of musicians telling candidates to stop using their music. You'd think they'd learn.

*Insert joke about politcians=morons here*

For what it's worth, I would probably rank Born In The USA 8th or so within his discography. It's a good album, and I generally like the singles (Glory Days bugs me), but about half of the songs run together for me, and the production is uniformly awful.

Downbound Train I'll keep, as far as the album tracks go.

I actually kinda like that song, too. But then again, I heard most of the album Born in the U.S.A. throughout my childhood at some point and time, so I think that's the biggest reason I'm fine with those songs. I said once that I'm generally pretty forgiving of most cheesy '80s/early '90s music for that very reason. Not saying that's a rational reason or anything, but there we are.

I grew up with the songs as well. I was 12 when the album came out, and I enjoyed the stuff on the radio as much as the next kid (my musical taste was pretty open-minded even then as I was really into stuff like Madonna and "breakdancing" music as well) But you know, there is music from that area that I know isn't necessarily "good" but I get enjoyment in a guilty pleasure sense, like with Duran Duran for example. But something like that, from a major, "serious" artist like Bruce, in retrospect it sounds really fucking cheesy.

Now you look at Tunnel Of Love, and it's a a much less dated album (the title track aside). It's also a more mature one from a writing perspective. It's not as "catchy" overall, but it's a far more substantial work.

Production aside, Dancing In The Dark is a great, great pop song. You could play that one in just about any context, acoustically, electrically, whatever and it still has a highly memorable chord progression, relatable lyrics and an epic chorus.

The only thing to specifically recommend the studio version is Clarence's outro solo. Lovely.

I'll agree with all of that. But the sound on the album is for posterity, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom