Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Candy's Boy,

wow, don't like that at all. actually, i kind of hate it. a lot. which is funny, because i didn't realize i like "candy's room" the way i'm used to it as much as i apparently do.

the "factory" that isn't "factory" or "johnny bye-bye" with the man on the radio says elvis presely died, now that is cool.

yeah, whereas familiar-sounding songs with very different lyrics are ok in my book.

actually, i really enjoy the open all night/living on the edge of the world pair. so that's out...

Depending on what any sale prices may be, I may wait to buy this and wait for a decent used price.

Street jazz might be something I'd think of when I hear Wild & Innocent, but I've never heard anybody refer to material from the Darkness era/tour that way. Just intense stuff there.

What I am a bit disappointed about is the video quality. Now I know it'll probably be better watching from a disc on TV, but this truly is a "House Cut" in every way imaginable.

Better than nothing though.

I know. :sigh:

It just didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try it again later.

Had you not heard it played that way before from the 1978 boots?

There are many facets of Bruce and some people like different parts of his career. I just think that the majority of big fans tend to think of 1978 as the pinnacle of Bruce and the Band - particularly as a live band. I love the runaway train feeling of the way they played back then with so much passion, intensity, and urgency. There is nothing better than playing those bootlegs loudly enough that my ears hurt during a long drive.

I didn't get my hopes up for the picture quality of this, so I am not really disappointed in it - it is about what I expected. The sound quality is actually a little worse than I expected, though I am not an audiophile at all so it really doesn't bother me.

Nope. Boots gain and lose popularity with me. I wasn't into them back then. I have the Roxy on vinyl, from a Goldmine magazine mail auction, and a few 45s, but that's about all I ever wanted. Bruce's looooong drawn-out versions of songs don't always work for me.

I guess I'm not a big enough fan. :sigh:

Nope. Boots gain and lose popularity with me. I wasn't into them back then. I have the Roxy on vinyl, from a Goldmine magazine mail auction, and a few 45s, but that's about all I ever wanted. Bruce's looooong drawn-out versions of songs don't always work for me.

I guess I'm not a big enough fan. :sigh:

Oh, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just was curious.

I am totally the opposite. I pretty much never listen to the studio recordings b/c they are missing the passion, intensity, etc. of the live performances. Different folks...

Here is Streets of Fire from the Paramount performance --> YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Streets of Fire

Linky for what? I would but me have no linky

Best Buy has the regular DVD set for $79.99 and I think the Blu Ray is 90-according to their ad free shipping online for it

He's going to be on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night-to talk and perform

Jimmy Fallon's on late, right?

And I can get a cd only set, without dvds that I'll never even open, right?

The CD-only set only contains The Promise (so the 2CD set of outtakes), not the remastered Darkness On The Edge Of Town album.

Let me get this straight, the only way to get Darkness itself remastered is to buy the expensive boxed set? Am I missing something?

Yes, this is correct.

On another note, it is about 1:15 am EST and iTunes has all three videos (Paramount show, Houston show, and video outtakes) for sale at $1.99 each... so $6 total. Even though I will also buy the box set, I just bought all three b/c it will be nice to have on my iPod. This has to be a mistake, but if anybody is interested...

I didn't even know all this re-release business was going on, but I started to listen to Darkness a few days ago as an entry point for Bruce Springsteen. Nice timing!

It was a little jarring the first time I heard a saxophone, but I think I'm getting into it.

edit: ^^^ that Because the Night video is great

Let me get this straight, the only way to get Darkness itself remastered is to buy the expensive boxed set? Am I missing something?

Actually I was kind of wrong. iTunes apparently is selling the Darkness remaster as a separate thing for $6 or $7 if you are open to that possibility (I know a lot of people aren't). However, as of right now there is no indication that they are releasing the Darkness remaster as a stand alone CD or vinyl. The 22 outtakes that encompass "The Promise" is the only thing that is being sold separately.

Wow, I thought the remaster would be available separately. That's pretty fucking lame.

It's out today, isn't it? Anyone find any good prices other than the $85 ish on Amazon?

I'll be buying this soon - I had a nice surprise thank you gift from the people I cat sit for, so now I have dough to put towards it. Whoot.

I really can't believe Bruce would sign off on such a lame move like that.

And I was excited because I've never owned Darkness on CD. A download from iTunes just ain't going to cut it.

Best Buy has it for $79, but that isn't within my range. $50 and I'd think about it.

So now I'm not sure whether I should just buy The Promise by itself or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom