Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Jungleland just ended with that piano immediately after that final "tonight in Jungleland" line, I'd be happy, but the 30 seconds or so that follow is just annoying.

Thunder Road I enjoy the first half but I just think its lacking something somehow... it sounds like its trying to epic but just not quite getting. Also his vocals aren't exactly my favourite.

Maybe this will clear it up a bit.

Born to Run 10
Jungleland 9
Meeting Across the River 8
Tenth Avenooo Freeze-Out 8
Backstreets 8
Thunder Road 7
She's the One 7
Night 6.5

So still good.

COBL_04 said:
Well, if Jungleland just ended with that piano immediately after that final "tonight in Jungleland" line, I'd be happy, but the 30 seconds or so that follow is just annoying.

Thunder Road I enjoy the first half but I just think its lacking something somehow... it sounds like its trying to epic but just not quite getting. Also his vocals aren't exactly my favourite.

Maybe this will clear it up a bit.

Born to Run 10
Jungleland 9
Meeting Across the River 8
Tenth Avenooo Freeze-Out 8
Backstreets 8
Thunder Road 7
She's the One 7
Night 6.5

So still good.

I think the entire second half is superb, and the first has a couple of bumps. Not wild about Thunder Road myself. She's The One and Meeting Across The River on the other hand...:drool:

Can I just say that blasting the live version of Cadillac Ranch on a beautifully sunny day is just about the best thing since sliced bread?

I really love that song - it's so fun!

Re: Tentative fall dates

Nightsong said:
Originally posted by a guy on the SPL board who's usually pretty close to the mark....but please note these are not definite yet....

Sept 12 DCU Center, Worcester, MA
Sept 13 Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
:
If true, these would enable me to skip Foxboro without remorse (I hate football stadia for concerts)

Re: Tentative fall dates

Nightsong said:
Originally posted by a guy on the SPL board who's usually pretty close to the mark....but please note these are not definite yet....

Sept 4 Crisler Arena, Ann Arbor, MI

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Concert gods, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let these be right... Well, I'll take the 5th as it's a Friday, but hell, who cares? :crosseseverything:

Sept 4 Crisler Arena, Ann Arbor, MI

:ohmy:

Just when I may be clear across the country at a family wedding ...

Maybe I'll just send a card and a check. :wink:

Does anyone know where I could find some Bruce videos for my iPod? I did find one thread at Backstreets where someone uploaded a bunch of Devils & Dust tour stuff. Would love to find some more!

Cori I can get you some stuff, let me know what you want

and WHY BRUCE WHY!?!?!?!?1 WHHY ARE YOU COMING BACK TO ILLINOIS RIGHT AFTER I GO BACK TO TEXAS?!?!?! San Anton. is too far away!!!!!! I dont' wanna see you in Texas again anyway!!!!! :rant: etc.

The end

is he playing much stuff from his new album? whats it like? how long ahs the tour been going for? whats he like now live compared to his halcyon days?

COBL_04 said:
whats he like now live compared to his halcyon days?

Not as long a show, obviously more new songs, since the new songs weren't around to be performed :wink: , neither he nor Clarence is as physical as they were back then (Clarence can barely walk), the energy level is slightly diminished.

But still well worth seeing. :)

I feel like I heard about him doing a piano jump but I can't recall.

While he doesn't flip upside down on the mic stand, he still does the back bends though...

He was on top of the piano at the Count Basie show the other week.

Of course, I don't know how he got on there, or how long it took him. :wink:

JQ24Basie_X3N4085.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom