Springsteen, Part IV - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #706
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:49 AM
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #707
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 04:49 AM
I am insanely jealous of all youse guys getting to see him again.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 02:10 AM   #708
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I am insanely jealous of all youse guys getting to see him again.
I second Corri!

__________________
FitzChivalry is offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #709
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,364
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Your can post your review any time now...

an oil tanker spilled on the jersey turnpike during the day, jamming up traffic throughout jersey. it actually didn't cause any bad traffic problems for new yorkers though. mostly just those coming from north and south jersey. but because of the report everyone from NY thought they'd take the bus... bus lines were around 3 city blocks. we hopped in a cab rather than wait on the line, and we pretty much flew into giants stadium in record time.

but, because so many people from jersey had so much trouble getting in, the show didn't start till 9:30... so we stood around (on the floor) at giants stadium for a long long time before the show finally got started with summertime blues.

show it's self was great... but i was absolutely exhausted by the time the encores came around, thanks to the late start, long show and a very long day at work. so i probably didn't enjoy the show as much as i could have... he didn't leave the stage till around quarter to 1 in the morning.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #710
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I've got my ticket for tomorrow and am ready.
Lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalezi View Post
Sunday's show was incredible! 3+ hours. Had to post this pic. No explaination necessary.

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
an oil tanker spilled on the jersey turnpike during the day, jamming up traffic throughout jersey. it actually didn't cause any bad traffic problems for new yorkers though. mostly just those coming from north and south jersey. but because of the report everyone from NY thought they'd take the bus... bus lines were around 3 city blocks. we hopped in a cab rather than wait on the line, and we pretty much flew into giants stadium in record time.

but, because so many people from jersey had so much trouble getting in, the show didn't start till 9:30... so we stood around (on the floor) at giants stadium for a long long time before the show finally got started with summertime blues.

show it's self was great... but i was absolutely exhausted by the time the encores came around, thanks to the late start, long show and a very long day at work. so i probably didn't enjoy the show as much as i could have... he didn't leave the stage till around quarter to 1 in the morning.
Cool that it was such a good show, sucky you were tired for it. That sucks some of the momentum out, when you're not entirely all the way in it.

Long Bruce shows, though.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #711
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Late start last night as well due to the weather. Knowing he usually doesn't start until around 8:20-8:30, I planned accordingly and didn't leave right away. But as I got to Foxboro, a major thunderstorm rolled through and traffic was at a stand still. We're talking lightning strikes touching down here. Found a parking spot as it ended, but he didn't come on until 9:15.

Not as long as some of the more recent shows, at just under 3 hours, but you can't really complain about that. 28 songs long.

Highlights for me were the tour premieres of Little Latin Lupe Lu, not played on a regular tour since 1988, and Who'll Stop The Rain, which was convenient. He dedicated it to "Coach" - I'm assuming he meant Bill Belichick.

A double shot of Youngstown and Murder Inc. was fantastic, with Nils going crazy on guitar (just like the reunion tour). I'm Goin' Down was a nice surprise and cool to hear, and you can never tire of hearing Jungleland. Finishing with Rosalita was just the icing on the cake.

If there's one part I could do without, it's Mary's Place. The song itself is good, but the shtick that he goes through is a bit tired now. It was fine for The Rising tour when it first started, and I would have left it behind now.

So I saw two shows on the tour, and just from those two, I heard 40 different songs. Just check out the difference between them:

Quote:
November 19, 2007
Boston, MA
TD Banknorth Garden


Radio Nowhere
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Candy's Room
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
This Hard Land (Tour Premiere)
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
The E Street Shuffle
Working On The Highway
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Kitty's Back
Born To Run
American Land
Quote:
August 2, 2008
Foxborough, Massachusetts
Gilette Stadium


Summertime Blues
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Promised Land
Spirit In The Night
Tunnel Of Love
Little Latin Lupe Lu (first time with E Street Band since 1977!)
Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
Hungry Heart
Who'll Stop The Rain (Tour Premiere)
Youngstown
Murder Incorporated
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
Mary's Place
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

I'm Going Down
Jungleland
Born To Run
Glory Days
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Rosalita
The note about 1977 is wrong from the official website for Little Latin Lupe Lu. It was last done in 1988 at just one show, and then it was 1977 before that.

All in all, a great time as usual. The show didn't end until 12:10am, and although it was longer, I think I prefer the December show just because of the emotion throughout that one, being Danny's final full show. Kinda hard to top that.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #712
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Phanan, you lucky dog. I'm super jealous of you and all the rest of you guys that got to see him on this tour.



But, anyway, I was wondering how many of you caught the VH1 Storytellers that Bruce did a few years back? It was re-aired on some weird music channel recently and I watched it for the first time since it was first in rotation on VH1.

Wow, what a great little show he put on. Great versions of Blinded By the Light, Devils and Dust, The Rising, Brilliant Disguise and, of course, Thunder Road.

And old Brucie really took the "storytellers" thing literally didn't he? He told a great story before each song and even broke down a few of them line by line.

The speech he makes before Thunder Road is just beautiful.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #713
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,471
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
My mother managed to get a ticket to Hershey from a friend. None for me, though.
Make sure she avoids too much traffic on the Hershey Highway.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 08-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #714
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,471
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post

All in all, a great time as usual. The show didn't end until 12:10am, and although it was longer, I think I prefer the December show just because of the emotion throughout that one, being Danny's final full show. Kinda hard to top that.
I thought sure you were gonna say you enjoyed November's show more because of the company.
Looks like you got a damn good show Saturday.
Wasn't in the cards for me, my friend was in from Houston, so I had other plans. Wishing those fall dates we saw earlier would somehow materialize.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #715
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 12:49 PM
2 weeks from tonight
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #716
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Wishing those fall dates we saw earlier would somehow materialize.
I wish that would happen, too, but more than likely if they did it'd be on a school night.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #717
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
But, anyway, I was wondering how many of you caught the VH1 Storytellers that Bruce did a few years back?
I have it in my Netflix queue and am looking forward to checking it out. I'll probably end up buying a copy.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #718
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I have it in my Netflix queue and am looking forward to checking it out. I'll probably end up buying a copy.
Ooooo you're in for a treat.

And actually I think there are more songs on the DVD than were shown on the VH1 hour-long thing.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #719
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,000
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
I second Corri!
I third cori, and second Fritz.
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #720
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
jobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: walking out to the street
Posts: 6,957
Local Time: 08:49 AM
Bruce Springsteen VH1 Storytellers DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Ooooo you're in for a treat.

And actually I think there are more songs on the DVD than were shown on the VH1 hour-long thing.
:looks at her copy of the DVD:

The DVD jacket says it's nearly two hours long and has eight songs on it. Along with detailed introductions, comments and ancedotes, and a q&a session.
__________________

__________________
jobob is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bruce springsteen

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com