Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What songs should I expect, in general? I'm trying to be more prepared for this concert than last October. I have 11 or 12 of his albums, so I'm mostly ready to go, I think.

He's been really mixing it up lately, so it's actually hard to say. You'll still get the obvious ones like Born To Run, and American Land is always there. But a lot of the songs from Magic have disappeared - the only ones remaining are Radio Nowhere, Livin' In The Future, Long Walk Home, and Last To Die. Badlands is still there, as is The Rising. Mary's Place was brought back a while ago and has been at every show since.

I'm quite familiar with songs from Born to Run, The Rising, and Magic. It's some of the earlier tracks I'm trying to quickly familiarize myself with, especially stuff off The River and Born in the USA.

He's been really mixing it up lately, so it's actually hard to say. You'll still get the obvious ones like Born To Run, and American Land is always there. But a lot of the songs from Magic have disappeared - the only ones remaining are Radio Nowhere, Livin' In The Future, Long Walk Home, and Last To Die. Badlands is still there, as is The Rising. Mary's Place was brought back a while ago and has been at every show since.
What!? No more Gypsy Biker? :angry:

I have to say, as much as I wish I could see him again, I'm glad I didn't get Mary's Place at the spring show I went to. Twenty minutes of Mary's Place. :yuck:

Yeah, I'm not a big Mary's Place fan, either. I prefer most of The Rising's other tracks to it.

I rank The Rising, upon last listen:

1. You're Missing
2. Into the Fire
3. My City of Ruins
4. The Rising
5. Lonesome Day
6. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
7. Empty Sky
8. Worlds Apart
9. Countin' on a Miracle
10. Paradise
11. The Fuse
12. Nothing Man
13. Further On (Up the Road)
14. Mary's Place
15. Let's Be Friends (Skin to Skin)

I like the first 13. Not a fan of the last 2.

I've honestly probably heard Mary's Place a little too much, it's probably biased me a bit. I've a few relatives who love Springsteen who love that song and play it at get-togethers. Often.

The Rising is one of very few albums that has a type of personal connection for me. My two favorite tracks, You're Missing and Into the Fire, are a part of that.

The Rising is one of very few albums that has a type of personal connection for me. My two favorite tracks, You're Missing and Into the Fire, are a part of that.

That's totally cool but I've never liked Into the Fire all that much. It's the "may your strength give us strength, may your hope give us hope, etc" that kills it for me. They go on with that refrain too many times in my opinion, and something about it just bugs me for some reason.

You're Missing is beautiful, however.

My favorite songs on The Rising are Lonesome Day, Further On (up the road), Waitin on a Sunny Day, Countin on a Miracle, and the title track.

i thought you were a girl all this time

I've gotten that a lot since I've joined this board. I wonder if it's because I have the word "girl" in my username? Or maybe I just have an effeminate style of posting? I don't think that's it.

Anyway, I'm a boy.

I've gotten that a lot since I've joined this board. I wonder if it's because I have the word "girl" in my username? Or maybe I just have an effeminate style of posting? I don't think that's it.

Anyway, I'm a boy.

Its definitely the "girl" in your name.
Plus the new avatar isn't gonna help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom