Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Obviously, I haven't explored that site fully yet. It's pretty overwhelming, how much stuff is on there. :drool:

Really? Oh .... : looks over at progress, halfway through downloading all of them :

Oh well. I just kind of want them just because they're there, partially. I'm very curious to hear some of them, but I'd be surprised if I ever got around to listening to all of them. There is a LOT of stuff on that site.

I haven't explored the site enough yet to see if there's a list somewhere of the shows considered the "Best." But if you browse through the bootlegs, you'll see comments about how some shows are on some sort of "best" list. I'm sure there's a full listing of what's on that list somewhere.

The Bruce Springsteen mp3 Bootleg Index :: Index

That show featured:

(1) Intro (1:17)
(2) Radio Nowhere (3:54)
(3) Prove It All Night (5:05)
(4) Lonesome Day (4:42)
(5) Gypsy Biker (6:24)
(6) Intro (0:28 )
(7) Magic (3:39)
(8 ) Reason To Believe (6:56)
(9) Candy's Room (3:05)
(10) She's The One (5:24)
(11) Livin' In The Future (6:41)
(12) The Promised Land (5:58 )
(13) Tunnel of Love (5:41) Tour premiere
(14) Spirit in the Night (6:06) Tour premiere
(15) Darlington County (6:10)

Disc two (55:08 ):
http://www..com/?d=FDF8AB81 (lossless)

(1) Devil's Arcade (6:32)
(2) The Rising (5:14)
(3) The Last To Die (4:31)
(4) Long Walk Home (5:28 )
(5) Badlands (6:09)
(6) Encore break (2:01)
(7) Intro (1:47)
(8 ) Thunder Road (5:56) Tour premiere
(9) Born To Run (5:11)
(10) Dancing In The Dark (5:04)
(11) American Land (7:10)

I think that's the list the other site references - it keeps mentioning "one of the top 55" or something like that.

Thanks!

Later tonight when I have some time, I'll offer some suggestions so you can avoid the stuff that has bad quality. There are some real treasures to be found if you look for the right things.

Ok, so I wasn't around much tonight. I'll post some recommendations tomorrow.

But I'll do one real quick tonight. If you love Nebraska, you must check out The Lost Masters, Volume One - Alone In Colt's Neck. It's basically the complete Nebraska tape that the album is from, but includes the songs that didn't make it, including a great unreleased song called Losin' Kind, and acoustic versions of Pink Cadillac, Downbound Train, and Working On The Highway (Child Bride here). While most of the disc is the same as the album, it's worth it because the sound quality is superb and for the unreleased gems found here.

lm1.jpg

http://www.mega upload.com/de/?d=6CK8AEGC

Remove the space.

Oh, and The Lost Masters has some great parts, but there are some that suck. Just an FYI. This one is one of the best.

I am probably downloading way too much. I'll wade through most of it after I'm done, but for now, I listened to some of the early stuff, and I was pretty impressed :up:

Here's another one that's excellent.

THE TIES THAT BIND

If you recall, we had a discussion a while back about how the original plan in 1979 was to release a single album called The Ties That Bind, but instead Springsteen shelved it, kept on recording, and released The River in 1980. It's debatable which path would have been better (imagine The Ties That Bind in 1979 followed by another album in 1981 with the best of the later-recorded material), but it's fascinating to hear what this single album sounds like.

It was so far along in the production that the tapes were mastered and mixed, which is why this thing sounds like it's officially released.

The Ties That Bind - Close to the original, but in the chorus the "ay ay ay ay's" actually go down a notch. Pretty cool.
Cindy - beautiful unreleased track. Probably too soft to be released on the album.
Hungry Heart - virtually identical to the released version.
Stolen Car - the superior alternate take that has since been released on Tracks.
To Be True - alternate version of Be True with double-tracked vocals.
The River - alternate take without background vocals. Excellent.
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch) - totally different from the released version, and better.
The Price You Pay - alternate version with a completely different second verse.
I Wanna Marry You - similar to the released version.
Loose Ends - one of my all-time favorites. It's since been released on Tracks, but this version sounds better - I think the mix on Tracks isn't as good.

http://www.media fire.com/?epspjypgnmj

or..

http://www.mega upload.com/?d=1674VXX9

Latest Backstreet Rumor - Fall Tour Off :(

The guy that originally posted those tentative fall dates posted this tonight :

"I was right about the plans for the fall tour.
Now I have more news, some good, some bad.
The good news is that at least one stadium show will be added in Philadelphia after the Gillette Stadium show.
The bad news is that the fall tour is off. Due to a combination of health reasons and recording plans, the Milwaukee show will be the end of the tour."

This sucks if true :depressed:

Recording plans is a good sign, though. Maybe a new album and a new tour next year?

It totally sucks. I was reading about that earlier.

This means that all that is left in the U.S. are the three shows at Giants Stadium, the one at Gillette, and the festival in Milwaukee (plus the possible Philly stadium show, which sounds like it will happen).

I better make sure I get tickets to Gillette now for sure.

Recording plans is a good sign, though. Maybe a new album and a new tour next year?

Perhaps, but the "health reasons" part scares me. It was mentioned that another member of the band might not possibly get through the entire tour when it began last year - I'm wondering if that is the "health reasons" part, and whether it effects anything in the future.

I hope that has nothing to do with it. Hope they're all okay and do head into the recording studio soon.

On the other hand, I can't really get upset about no fall tour when nothing was certain anyway, other than some rumors. :shrug:

The guy that originally posted those tentative fall dates posted this tonight :

"I was right about the plans for the fall tour.
Now I have more news, some good, some bad.
The good news is that at least one stadium show will be added in Philadelphia after the Gillette Stadium show.
The bad news is that the fall tour is off. Due to a combination of health reasons and recording plans, the Milwaukee show will be the end of the tour."

This sucks if true :depressed:

Oh, well. Nothing was set in stone, but it was cool to think about for a little while. :shrug:

Perhaps, but the "health reasons" part scares me. It was mentioned that another member of the band might not possibly get through the entire tour when it began last year - I'm wondering if that is the "health reasons" part, and whether it effects anything in the future.

:slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom