Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second album business was based on the fact the record was 38 minutes long (a perfectly acceptable length as it is :scratch:) and the last lyric in Separator being "if you think this is over you're wrong". If you think about that, that's quite fucking ridiculous.

Doesn't look like they're touring either.
Cunts.
Excuse my French there.

where are you seeing this? Is there a article mentioning this? Or are you basing this on no talk of tour from the RH camp and media sources?

Trying to figure out how I may have missed this bit of news.

i don't get the problem people have with the album being 38 minutes long or whatever and instantly assuming "OH YES. THERE'S GOING TO BE MORE." which is nothing more than pulling conclusions out of the air...like COBL_04 said that's a perfectly acceptable album length. If an album comes out these days and it's more than 45-50 minutes I worry :huh:

I bought 4 relatively high profile albums this week, 3 out of 4 are in the 40 minute side of things. I still don't get the length complaints either, seems completely besides the point.
I'd rather have a short mediocre album than a long mediocre album.

u2popmofo said:
I bought 4 relatively high profile albums this week, 3 out of 4 are in the 40 minute side of things. I still don't get the length complaints either, seems completely besides the point. * SPOILER *

Pink Moon > The Wall

I bought 4 relatively high profile albums this week, 3 out of 4 are in the 40 minute side of things. I still don't get the length complaints either, seems completely besides the point.
I'd rather have a short mediocre album than a long mediocre album.

Well there's your point in your Spoiler. It's not that the album is 38 minutes long, it's that it's short AND a few of the songs sound like tossed-off b-sides.

Yeah, I'll wait for an official version to purchase so I don't feel like a scumbucket.

I'm still wondering whether this single will be one of the records included in the Newspaper Edition.

On a second note, I do love what they have done with Supercollider.

The funny thing is that I HAVE taken shits longer than that album. I'm telling you, you CAN have too much cheese.

lactaid-fast-act.jpg

Who would have thought that Supercollider would be 7 minutes long in its final version? Longest song in the catalogue so far! And better than anything on King of Limbs IMO. The Butcher is also better than half of those songs for sure.

just picked up my copy of the 12"...really looking forward to listening to these after work.

I think the album would have been better received if they'd put those two tracks on it as well.

I think the album would have been better received if they'd put those two tracks on it as well.

"Supercollider" would have worked well going into "Separator." Tougher devising where "The Butcher" would fit though. Here's a longer album version I just devised that actually sounds pretty nice all together:

1. Bloom
2. These Are My Twisted Words
3. Feral
4. Lotus Flower
5. Morning Mr Magpie
6. The Butcher
7. Little by Little
8. Codex
9. Give Up the Ghost
10. Supercollider
11. Separator

Anyhow, I really like these two tunez (surprise, surprise). I'll be snagging this in June.

I think that The Butcher could have replaced Feral, and Supercollider could have worked well as a closer. I don't know yet whether it is a stronger track than Separator, though.

iron yuppie said:
I don't know yet whether it is a stronger track than Separator, though.

Hard to say right now considering the latter became my favorite track on the album. But I do really like "Supercollider." Just like with IR, I'm glad I didn't listen to the live one first.

same, I avoided the live videos of Supercollider like the plague. Hate hearing a new song for the first time through a shitty distorted phone video.

But anyway, I got up early to get that 12" and it was bloody worth it. Supercollider puts a few of the king of limbs tracks to shame. fucking loved it.
The Butcher is also good but will take a few more listens. they should have put out These Are My Twisted Words and another track from the sessions over the last couple of years on a separate 12"...that song needs to come out on vinyl :drool:

I don't like Supercollider all that much. It's too long and just boring. he Butcher is a lot better though and could/should have been on TKOL.

Is there anyone still looking for a copy of that little newspaper dealie that they gave out with the CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom