Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ehhh I'm with Joey that The Eraser is the only Thom project outside of Radiohead that I have any affection for. The melodies are actually really good. Elsewhere, he seems to be mostly coasting on aesthetic.

Tickets for the United Center show sold out in 2 minutes. :crack:

Can't wait to search for them on Stubhub for 3x the price.

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. 3 MSG shows, I'm sure they'll be gone in no time.

Well I ended up getting some (bad) seats. Still, such an excruciatingly bad experience.

Ah, MSG, never fails (not). Anyway, got center 200s for Tuesday and Wednesday, a decent 106 for Friday, and a GA for Saturday! Might unload the Tuesday eventually, we'll see how I feel about four shows...

I stumbled across this on YouTube and found it absolutely captivating. There's one for Videotape as well that sounds like a monastic chant or something.

So so so so good, I've heard that before.

Speaking of Videotape, this is also really fascinating:

When I first clicked on it, I figured it would be about that second, off-kilter drum pattern than disintegrates as the track goes on. This goes even deeper.

well rhythmically speaking, lots of bands probably don't play exactly on the grid because they often communicate with more intuitive sense of rhythm rather than "hey this section should be in this signature and this section is this"

Hey guys, I finally caught my Radiohead white whale last night in Chicago. It only took umpteen shows over a decade plus, but my god it was breathtaking.

Fake Plastic Trees

I may or may not have burst into tears.

The show was absolutely stunning. I’m so happy to finally have heard songs from A Moon-Shaped Pool live, which were all incredible, along with my white whale, and my friend got all his In Rainbows songs. It was a perfect night, a beautiful audience, such a deeply satisfying live music experience. Just glorious.

Any Chicago people there last night or tonight? We scored tickets last night for tonight so if you didn’t get tickets before, good seats are available now.

Off to the Art Institute now on this gorgeous day.

Hey guys, I finally caught my Radiohead white whale last night in Chicago. It only took umpteen shows over a decade plus, but my god it was breathtaking.

Fake Plastic Trees

I may or may not have burst into tears.

The show was absolutely stunning. I’m so happy to finally have heard songs from A Moon-Shaped Pool live, which were all incredible, along with my white whale, and my friend got all his In Rainbows songs. It was a perfect night, a beautiful audience, such a deeply satisfying live music experience. Just glorious.

Any Chicago people there last night or tonight? We scored tickets last night for tonight so if you didn’t get tickets before, good seats are available now.

Off to the Art Institute now on this gorgeous day.

I'll be there tonight. Did they have an opening act?

Thinking about picking up tickets for the Cincinnati show in a couple weeks, as I've never seen them before.

Only thing giving me pause is the setlists. Last night's setlist is super great, but this isn't U2, they change it up. I especially want Fake Plastic Trees, and they tend to picky about when they play Bends material. I'd be slightly disappointed if I got a show without FPT and/or with more KOL material.

Will only be able to make it to the second of the two Philly shows, but I'm super pumped. It's been a very long time coming to see them for the first time. Haven't been this excited for a concert in a while.

Thinking about picking up tickets for the Cincinnati show in a couple weeks, as I've never seen them before.

Only thing giving me pause is the setlists. Last night's setlist is super great, but this isn't U2, they change it up. I especially want Fake Plastic Trees, and they tend to picky about when they play Bends material. I'd be slightly disappointed if I got a show without FPT and/or with more KOL material.

I say please just do it and don’t worry about the setlist. I loved every second of it, even the songs I don’t generally love (admittedly, there are very few I don’t love or really like).

Will only be able to make it to the second of the two Philly shows, but I'm super pumped. It's been a very long time coming to see them for the first time. Haven't been this excited for a concert in a while.

You’re going to have your mind blown.

Last edited:
I’m happy you got your white whale, joyful. Hoping tonight’s show is just as good!

I am out of touch with what’s happening in RadioHeadLand. Are they expected to announce any west coast dates?

I’m happy you got your white whale, joyful. Hoping tonight’s show is just as good!

I am out of touch with what’s happening in RadioHeadLand. Are they expected to announce any west coast dates?

Thanks! Last night was really different, so over two nights I heard literally most of my very favorite songs. New white whale is Subterranean Homesick Alien (and I guess Creep).

They did a few shows on the west coast last year for which I tried but failed to acquire tickets. I was not happy about that. I’m very happy now.

Everything in Its Right Place / Pyramid Song / Karma Police as a second encore was transcendent. Only wish I had gotten more than one song from In Rainbows.

I hope there’s another west coast leg. Only time I saw Radiohead was listening outside the venue at an outdoor festival in San Francisco. It was fun and free, but the sound was quite bad as you’d expect.

I'm so fucking happy for you Joyful!! And Peef, can't wait to hear your review. They are something else, their live shows are absolutely on another level. I saw them twice in 2012, haven't seen them since, I know I'll get more chances eventually but hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

Can't believe you fucking got Blow Out the second night. That must have been insane. And then Spectre as well, which is a fucking amazing song.

Still wish there was a little more AMSP in the sets, but fuck me they're playing great setlists at the moment.

Going tomorrow and Wednesday. If I get the same setlists that Chicago got, I'll be ecstatic.

Everything in Its Right Place / Pyramid Song / Karma Police as a second encore was transcendent. Only wish I had gotten more than one song from In Rainbows.

Agree. Also Street Spirit is always so amazing. For me Friday's setlist was a dream come true and Saturday icing on the cake but if I had only attended Saturday I might have been a wee bit disappointed for the same reason although they still played many of my favorite songs.

I don't get the point of playing Feral. Are there really fans who are dying to hear that live? I mean I guess there are but it's hard to fathom.

I'm so fucking happy for you Joyful!!

Still wish there was a little more AMSP in the sets, but fuck me they're playing great setlists at the moment.

Thanks! I was hoping to hear more AMSP, too - would love to have heard Identikit but I can't complain at all, there's a lot of territory to cover at a RH show. It just seems odd to hit one record so much on one night and kind of ignore it the next, especially when IR, for example, is so popular. Everyone we talked to before the show Saturday was wanting to hear lots from it. I hope they get to Australia again soon!

Going tomorrow and Wednesday. If I get the same setlists that Chicago got, I'll be ecstatic.

I hope your shows are excellent.

Just go. You won't ever be sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Agree. Also Street Spirit is always so amazing. For me Friday's setlist was a dream come true and Saturday icing on the cake but if I had only attended Saturday I might have been a wee bit disappointed for the same reason although they still played many of my favorite songs.

Wow looking at that 7/6 setlist now and it is amazing. I think I still prefer the one I saw, though, by the slightest of margins.

I’m seating nearly in the same seat I had when I heard Bad live for the first time. I think my chances for Fake Plastic Trees are good!

Back
Top Bottom