RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I detested Ok Computer for my first 6 or 7 listens, and then all of sudden I loved it. Twas my first R-Hed album, and one of my top ten albums eva!

First listening to Kid A was like a first listening to any album, hard to get into. But I was liking it on my 2nd or 3rd listen and then subsequently the more learn-to-love kinda tracks like Kid A, MPS and In Limbo grew on me.

Why? Why do you insist on shortening everyone's name? Is it that difficult to spell out in full? First C-Play, then R-Fed in the Wimbledon thread, and now R-Hed?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

BoMac, you're in for a hell of a show. I'm sure you don't need me telling you this to know.

BoMac, you're in for a hell of a show. I'm sure you don't need me telling you this to know.

Oh, I know. I've seen them twice already, the last time during their club tour 2 years ago. The thing with this upcoming show is that I love the venue—I saw Radiohead at the same venue in 2002 and it was an amazing time. It's in a large park, minutes away from downtown, a beautiful view of the skyline across the river a short jaunt away.

And to make things even better is the fact that I'm attending a music festival there the Sunday and Monday prior (Radiohead is on a Wednesday), and will see, among others, The Killers and Broken Social Scene. That's going to be a great week! :hyper:

Oh, I know. I've seen them twice already, the last time during their club tour 2 years ago. The thing with this upcoming show is that I love the venue—I saw Radiohead at the same venue in 2002 and it was an amazing time. It's in a large park, minutes away from downtown, a beautiful view of the skyline across the river a short jaunt away.

And to make things even better is the fact that I'm attending a music festival there the Sunday and Monday prior (Radiohead is on a Wednesday), and will see, among others, The Killers and Broken Social Scene. That's going to be a great week! :hyper:

Awesome, and you used the word jaunt, which is nearly equivalent to "obtuse" on the "Great Vocabulary Scale."

Thank you. Well, clearly, obtuse is very near the top. It's extremely useful, especially on this board.

What else is at the top of the "Great Vocabulary Scale"?

Tomfoolery
Chicanery
Pederast
etc...

did anyone get this email from WASTE today?

Thank you for buying your Radiohead tickets from w.a.s.t.e

Could we now ask you to complete a short travel survey for us to find out how you travelled to and from the Radiohead shows? This information will help us plan shows in the future.

In return, and as a token of our thanks, we will send you a souvenir live track from Radiohead's May tour, as yet to be chosen by the band - but we'll e-mail a link to you when that has been chosen.

Please go to: Radiohead Carbon Calculator

Thanks for your help.
All@w.a.s.t.e

i wonder what live track I am gonna get!:hyper: hopefully it's one i dont have..

Tomfoolery
Chicanery
Pederast
etc...

Tomfoolery? Really? I don't know what the other two mean, nor jaunt or obtuse (apart from obtuse angles).

And that's fine with Kid A, it took me ages to get into many albums, but I keep listening. Happened with Achtung Baby, Zooropa, The Who Sell Out, OK Computer, Revolver...

One of my roommates was flabbergasted (!) that I manage to use to word "lackluster" at least once a day.

Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom