RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, look at the statistics, in 95% of games they kick more than handball

maybe it's rugby you're thinking of

"And it's nil-all after ninety minutes!!!! What an exhilirating game!!!" :|

When Mike Myers was funny... :up:

The "cycloptic colleague" comment always cracks me up.

I didn't see what was so unbelievably funny about it in the first place

It's a campy video for an '80s song of a red-haired white guy singing like a black guy... what's not to like? Aren't you usually late to the bandwagon-y stuff anyway?

"NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE... AND HURT YOU!"

I just had a MASSIVE what the fuck moment.

Was listening to 'Karma Police' and my iTunes is on shuffle. The next song to play after KP had ended was 'There is No such Place' by Augie March. I could have sworn it was the same song, just a part I hadn't heard before.

Download it and try it :yes:

"Karma Police" does sound a lot like "Sadie," but I've never heard that other song.

I sure hope the video for House O' Cards is better than the videos for Nude and Jigsaw. It amazes me that the band who had videos as brilliant as No Surprises, Karma Police, Knives Out and There There could have two absolute clangers!

In keeping with their decision not to make conventional promotional music videos for any of the tracks on In Rainbows, Radiohead used absolutely no cameras in the making of its new "House Of Cards" clip, which can be viewed at Google.com

Instead, "House Of Cards", directed by James Frost of Zoo Films, was created utilizing two technologies: Geometric Informatics and Velodyne Lidar. The Geometric Informatics scanning system employs structured light to capture detailed 3D images at close proximity, and was used to render the performances of Radiohead's Thom Yorke, the female lead and several partygoers. The Velodyne Lidar system uses multiple lasers to capture large environments in 3D, in this case 64 lasers rotating and shooting in a 360 degree radius 900 times per minute, capturing all of the exterior scenes and wide party shots. Geometric processed their own data while 510 Systems processed the Velodyne Lidar data. The data was then manipulated by Union Editorial and the Syndicate to create the final result.

Google will premiere the video today at RA DIOHEA_D / HOU SE OF_C ARDS - Google Code Additionally, the band will be making available the data used to create the video for fans to manipulate into their own unique short clips. A short documentary detailing the unique process used to create the video will also be available via this link, as will 3D renderings of selected scenes.

Of Radiohead's decision to eschew cameras for the "video," Thom Yorke commented, "I always like the idea of using technology in a way that it wasn't meant to be used, the struggle to get your head round what you can do with it. I liked the idea of making a video of human beings and real life and time without using any cameras, just lasers, so there are just mathematical points--and how strangely emotional it ended up being."

Very cool video! :up: :drool:

Of Radiohead's decision to eschew cameras for the "video," Thom Yorke commented, "I always like the idea of using technology in a way that it wasn't meant to be used, the struggle to get your head round what you can do with it. I liked the idea of making a video of human beings and real life and time without using any cameras, just lasers, so there are just mathematical points--and how strangely emotional it ended up being."

:love:

The video is brilliant.

I love this Calico Horse song "Awake in the Clouds" so I was checking them out and discovered they covered Idioteque, giving it a country flavor. At least they made it their own. I don't hate it.
MySpace.com - Calico Horse - San Diego, California - Indie / Experimental / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/calicohorsemusic

Interesting take on it.

I'll never forget playing this song in front of my history class and seeing their reactions... not a big electronica crowd.

cool article from atease.

Colin Greenwood: Fans are key for Radiohead
Posted on July 28th, 2008.

Radiohead’s bass player Colin Greenwood was interviewed for the Montreal Gazette. In the interview with the Canadian newspaper Colin talked about the ‘pay-what-you-want-release’ of ‘In Rainbows’, Arcade Fire and Canadian venues.

“It’s very exciting,” Greenwood said of the internet release of Radiohead’s seventh album. “It feels like all the decisions we’ve made with this record have had to be made in real time. Everything moved so quickly once we released the record. What was cool about it is that it worked for us then and there. It was like a snapshot. To do the same thing again, we would fall into (a whole other trap). It taught us that the most important thing is the people who like our music - our relationship with them,” Greenwood said. “The fact that we can talk to people, we can share our music with (them) in concert, on CD and on the Internet - it can all be part of the same thing. It doesn’t have to be so mediated by going through a traditional record company.”

Radiohead play Jean Drapeau Park on August 6 in Montreal. “I remember playing the Spectrum in ‘93,” he said. “We played the Spectrum a few times. It’s such an amazing place to be and play. For OK Computer, we played an indoor arena (the Molson Centre). We have gratitude for being part of a city’s cultural life. It’s just an important thing to us.” When I informed him that the Spectrum closed its doors just last summer, he gave his condolences. “It’s a real shame.” On its last visit, in 2006, Radiohead performed two nights at Place des Arts’ Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier, where it previewed songs from In Rainbows. Greenwood recalled the venue.

“It was this modern concrete building. It was really cool. I remember working on the bassline for 15 Step upstairs in the dressing room. (Place des Arts) is like the Montreal version of the Royal Festival Hall, or the Queen Elizabeth Hall.”

“Arcade Fire came to see us,” he said. “It was really fun. They took us up to their part of town (Mile End), where they live. We had bagels and coffee on the church steps. It was really cool. We went to some bar - this European community centre - and watched football during the World Cup.

“They came and saw both shows. They took me, Ed and Phil to see some gaming/Dungeons and Dragons thing in the park (that would be the weekly, theatrically recreated battle scenes that take place during the summer, just up from the tam-tams on Mount Royal), then we walked to the top of the hill and looked down across Montreal with them.

“We talked to Régine and Win about life and touring. It was really cool. It relates to what I said earlier, about how it’s important to be in one place and space. It would be mad, otherwise - if you didn’t connect to the places where you were touring.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom