RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I would say it when they first released the album but now I really do think that House of Cards is my favorite off In Rainbows.

All 10 tracks are superb though so it doesn't really matter.

My friend Kris and I went to the 2006 tour when they were road-testing the (then) new songs. We also went to the 2nd Hollywood Bowl show.

I said this to Kris after the Bowl show: You know, at the 2006 show, 'All I Need' and 'House of Cards' were my favorites. And now after this album and tour, 'All I Need' and 'House of Cards' are still my favorites off "In Rainbows".

Those two sure do hold up well.

Holy shit what a week. :D

I think I already commented on Monday's show, didn't I?

Anyway, Wednesday in San Diego was a great show. The parking was straight outta Hell, however. But my superior driving skillz got us out of there in a fair amount of time. It's good not to be high. :up: The joyful one and I had a ball at the show. I liked the setlist just fine, but JFG wanted to hear Fake Plastic Trees and Karma Police. No deal. We did get Climbing Up the Walls, which we both enjoyed. I was very happy to get Lucky and Street Spirit, what with Lucky maybe being my fave RH song and all. No Idioteque or National Anthem didn't sit well with either of us, though. I could have traded You and Whose Army for either one of them. I've decided I don't like Videotape.

Thursday was even more fun than Wednesday. The company was outstanding. Who knew that u2popmofo is even more fun in person that he is here? :wink: Plus, my lovely niece accompanied us. :D We arrived in plenty of time to get choice spots along the back rail of the pit, and then of course tall assholes who arrived at 7 PM stood in front of us for Radiohead's entire set. Dicks. Anyway, the concert was waaaay cool. The band was having a blast, as was the audience. Almost all the songs we wanted were played. I always hold out hope for Subterranean Homesick Alien and Go to Sleep. I don't get them, but I never give up hope. Ed up close is delectable, and it was fun watching Colin grinning all night. The best part is that my niece was converted. :badinfluence: The pancakes after the show in Camarillo were good, even for a Denny's.

Joyful is rocketing home as we speak, and I'm sure she'll have other insights into our fun. Both joyful and popmofo are invited to any concert I go to anytime. They're fun dates. :yes:

Loving The Bends :love:

Planet Telex, The Bends, High & Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, My Iron Lung, Bullet Proof.. I Wish I Was and Black Star being my favourites so far.

Just came around to My Iron Lung today.

my iron lung when played live, and indeed when thom is up singing it properly, is the highlight of every show.

I am finally recovered from my massive road trip. I don't have much to add that u2popmofo and martha didn't already cover. Santa Barbara was an awesome show. It wasn't my favorite setlist of the shows I saw (I think that may have been either Atlanta or Charlotte) but the overall experience was hard to top, being so close in the pit and having the company of some excellent Interferencers. The venue was special, kind of a mini-Red Rocks. I couldn't believe how small it was!

Yes, I wanted to hear Fake Plastic, but mainly because after 5 Radiohead shows in my life, I still have never heard it live, which is just plain weird and kind of mean. :angry: But I finally heard Karma Police that night and it was worth the wait, the singalong was fun (and yes, we were SINGING--you couldn't hear us on the webcast but those of us there could barely hear Thom). Chula Vista/San Diego was great because I got to hear Climbing Up the Walls but man that place is huge and the parking lot of aggressive drivers made me never want to visit that place again without, I don't know, squirt guns or hard drugs or something.

u2popmofo and martha are the best concert buddies. :hug: As is ribbonandbows who sadly never posts in here anymore.

Plus I got a motorcycle ride from martha's man.

So is there a Radiohead setlist website kind of like our axver's U2 site? I want to look at past tours and also bypass all the creepy "Thom sang these words tonight. That's 3.17% less than average. Now I'll express it as a function of time."

:lol:

Looks like they've only played in Australia on about four or five occasions, and at Melbourne only once :(

Fingers crossed they'll come, and, when they do, they'll play Subterranean Homesick Alien :love:

:lol:

Looks like they've only played in Australia on about four or five occasions, and at Melbourne only once :(

Fingers crossed they'll come, and, when they do, they'll play Subterranean Homesick Alien :love:

They'll come. We'll just have to get them on something that doesn't leave much of a carbon footprint.......when will those tubes they have in Futurama be invented? :hmm:

They'll come. We'll just have to get them on something that doesn't leave much of a carbon footprint.......when will those tubes they have in Futurama be invented? :hmm:

:rolleyes: Is Thom one of those? groan :scream:

When was the last time Bulletproof was played?

I'm getting off the comp, but it was one of the earlier shows from this tour.

btw I love the little notes they have at the bottom of each song, giving information about its meaning and inception, etc. They could use a more user-friendly interface/search thingy though.

I'm getting off the comp, but it was one of the earlier shows from this tour.

Thanks, apparently it was the first show on the U.S. leg, in W. Palm Beach. Unfortunately they also played 6 songs from Kid A at that show, not exactly my ideal setlist. But I got it anyway.

I know many have said this before, but I have to say that making a single disc "Introduction To Radiohead" for someone has proven to be essentially impossible. I've been "working" on it since getting back on Friday, and at this point I'm tempted to just buy my friend OK Computer and give them that instead, as I essentially can't narrow it down to even 3 cd worth of material.

:grumpy:

In Rainbows encapsualtes a fair bit about what Radiohead's been about, I'd recommend them that, or the recently released Greatest Hits compilation.

Definitely OK Computer. :up:

Or at least it worked for me. A friend let me borrow The Bends and I listened to it once and said, eh. And then she said you must be the OK Computer type. One listen and I was hooked. I didn't go back to The Bends with any level of seriousness and dedication until after HTTT. :reject: Now of course I love it.

But I'm having the same problem with trying to make a Sigur Ros mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom