RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the first question is, would they even attend? If they're going to attend to accept awards from these people, they shouldn't be above performing for them. It's a bit hypocritical. But I imagine all Album of the Year nominees are at least asked.

Besides, most of the assholes there probably haven't seen them live, and I'd love to see the looks on their faces when they experience the majesty that is live Radiohead. Though House of Cards (likely what they would play, unless given a choice--this could be their bargaining chip) isn't exactly a show-stopper.

It's the Grammy's, who gives a shit. The nominations and awards are always crap. No more complainy. If anything, this year's are FAR better than a lot of recent ones.

If "Sex on Fire" beats "House of Cards," I might light myself on fire.

Bang and Clatter - a bunch of snobs jerking themselves off while making threads about Rush

Um...

D'ya think Radiohead'll play on the show? I hope not, so I don't have to watch the thing.

they would never fly across the pond for the grammy's for two reasons:

1) thom is a massive environmentalist (it's a bit annoying to the lengths he goes to emphasise this).

2) they hate the grammy's. look no further than meeting people is easy.

i'd be happy to be wrong, however. it'd be a terrible shame if they did come, and they played HOC. any song but that one... and i do mean ANY song. especially on in rainbows.

The Tokyo show is cool, although Yorke's vocals are pretty beaten up at the end of the tour.

did you like the B-Sides?

Yeah, there was nothing special among them really, none that I'd take over any of the In Rainbows tracks I don't think. Last Flowers was probably best. What's the general consensus?

Just listening to Gnarls Barkley's cover of Reckoner again... it's really fucking good. Like, good to point of I think I almost prefer it to the original -- and that's only because of the vocals because the music sounds exactly the same. It's hard to listen to Thom's vocal after this one. Unfortunately, they don't play the best part of the entire song, which is the outro.

Man I didn't hear many 08 albums but fuck In Rainbows was good.

This may be old news for some, but I stumbled across this website several weeks ago. It contains some phenomenal and rare Radiohead material (check out the other stuff too). Click on the link below and check it out.

The Thom Yorke solo-acoustic shows done for the Bridge School Benefit are great (and the acoustic Paranoid Android is just shockingly good -- check that one out on YouTube as well). Also, the Yorke/Greenwood set at Electric Ladyland is a must listen. Enough said. If you haven't seen this site yet, I think it will occupy your time for a little while.

Here it is...

The Rawking Refuses To Stop! :: When I Said I Wanted To Be Your Blog

By the way, here is the YouTube link for the solo-acoustic Paranoid Android at the Bridge School Benefit. Hard to believe it's one guy making this awesome noise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2zwKH4g2xE

Last edited:
I have the audio for both Bridge School Benefit shows - just fantastic. I've never seen the video before, though. :up:

I actually have played a very similar acoustic style of Paranoid Android to that. I'm uploading the video to YouTube sometime soon.

Just listening to Gnarls Barkley's cover of Reckoner again... it's really fucking good. Like, good to point of I think I almost prefer it to the original -- and that's only because of the vocals because the music sounds exactly the same. It's hard to listen to Thom's vocal after this one.

Completely agree.

I was never a big "House of Cards" guy. But a year+ later.....

mcdlovinitclr5b15dzk6.jpg

Well, I gotta say that I'm not a BIG Radiohead fan...but before In Rainbows I couldn't care less for them. I don't know, for some obscure reason I used to hate Radiohead.
But after a few weeks In Rainbows came out, I (not remembering why I hate Radiohead :doh:) decided to download In Rainbows and listen it. I ended up really liking it (my favorite Radiohead album) and now that I've listened their albuns I think they are a very decent band.
Not great, but very good. Something nice to hear depending on my mood, and In Rainbows showed me that. A very good album indeed.

Back
Top Bottom