RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe that's all you can come up with on a four hour flight. That's fucking awful. He had a long time to think about that line.

I actually absolutely love it, one of my most listened to songs of theirs over the last 5 years or so.

Of course, that could be because it was the ONLY new Radiohead song for about 3 or 4 years...

That's cool. I never got into it; plus, it was one of the first songs I heard by them before I became a really big fan, if that means anything.

On another note; another proof that video clips can make you like a song even more: I just watched Pyramid Song's video and I'm all :drool:

This is how I got into Leeemmmaahhhhnn

:lmao:

Anyway, just listened to In Rainbows again... I would make a description, but I'm tired now, so I'll just say: :heart::heart:
And, of course, rank the songs: :sexywink:

#1 House of Cards
#2 Nude
#3 Bodysnatchers
#4 Faust Arp
#5 All I Need
#6 15 Step
#7 Videotape
#8 Reckoner
#9 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
#10 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Now I'll listen to some b-sides....

That's terrible, sorry.

Finally, none of this is as shocking & disturbing as you not loving Meeting Across the River as much as the rest of BTR.

:love: I love that song!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favourite after Born to Run, Jungleland.

I think I like Videotape much more than everyone else.

How much do you love it? 'Cos I adore it. :wink:

I love Jigsaw, but do not feel that it fits into the overall atmosphere of the album.

:yes: :yes: This is the problem I have with it too.

That's terrible, sorry.

:uhoh: I actually don't disagree with him all that greatly in this instance.

1. All I Need
2. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
3. Bodysnatchers
4. Faust Arp
5. House Of Cards
6. Nude
7. Jigsaw
8. Reckoner
9. 15 Step
10. Videotape

For me it's

01. Reckoner
02. Nude
03. All I Need
04. Weird Fishes
05. Bodysnatchers
06. Faust Arp
07. Jigsaw Falling
08. 15 Step
09. House of Cards
10. Videotape

So, apparently they're slated to perform with USC's marching band. Which I can only assume means that they're playing 15 Step.

Hey, could be worse:

_41338232_chris_martin416ap.jpg

Better to look like a hobo than a fucking tool.

Absolutely. Yorke beats Martin in every way possible, except unintentional comedy. On that, they're about even.

Looks like Gickies and I may have our wish come true on no "House of Cards" then. 15 Step with the marching band should be pretty cool, though somewhat cliche at this point. Does EVERYONE have to perform with a marching band at awards shows?

I love House of Cards, moreso than 15 Step, but don't think it would have been a great choice for the Grammy perf. I guess it would have gone over smoothly, but this one's gonna get a lot more attention.

I will say that playing with the USC Marching Band isn't exactly groundbreaking (Fleetwood Mac did this like 30 years ago?). I'd rather see a children's chorus on stage doing the "Yay!" parts.

Getting blown off the stage by Radiohead may make U2 question their decision to play at this show.

Don't know how they're going to be able to top that.

Getting blown off the stage by Radiohead may make U2 question their decision to play at this show.

Don't know how they're going to be able to top that.

yeah.. but I doubt U2 will not perform even after this.. Bad PR ain't it to pull out at the last minute (ok this sounds bad don't it.. take it anyway you want i guess. :giggle: )

Back
Top Bottom