RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've decided to re-listen to Amnesiac.

I did a similar thing with Hail to the Thief earlier this week, which confirmed my thoughts that it contains some great tracks but is really inconsistent.

I've never understood the hate for Hail to the Thief.

broken_record.jpg

I've never understood the hate for Hail to the Thief.

broken_record.jpg

I don't hate it: I enjoy about half of it, find the rest uninteresting.

2+2=5, There There, A Punchup at a Wedding, Myxomatosis, and A Wolf at the Door are all great tracks.

I've decided to re-listen to Amnesiac.

I did a similar thing with Hail to the Thief earlier this week, which confirmed my thoughts that it contains some great tracks but is really inconsistent.

I just find it boring and overlong; Radiohead on autopilot, really.

Amnesiac is just ugly to the ear, and I don't mean that as if to say it's a crap album, because it's not crap at all. Some solid tracks on there (Pyramid, Might Be Wrong, Spinning Plates), but it has zilch feel-good factor at all.

Something very unsettling about the album for me......difficult to listen to.

Amnesiac is just ugly to the ear, and I don't mean that as if to say it's a crap album, because it's not crap at all. Some solid tracks on there (Pyramid, Might Be Wrong, Spinning Plates), but it has zilch feel-good factor at all.

Something very unsettling about the album for me......difficult to listen to.

It's not supposed to have a feel-good factor.

It's got a feel-bad factor then, whereas all of Radiohead's other albums have a feel-neutral factor at least.

I would like to enjoy the listening experience....

Uh ... what?

How can you possibly label each album as having a "feel?" You're telling me Climbing up the Walls is neutral?

Not only do I think that assessment is wrong, I also think you're generalizing, and I think I can enjoy "feel-bad" music (if that even makes sense) if it's good and it hits you somewhere. But I don't think it makes sense.

To sum up: I disagree strongly with everything you said in that post.

I dont think Radiohead have ever written a song which you would sing with your friends in a jolly mood - do Radiohead fans sing along at their gigs?

They dont feel good tunes - this is not a dig/slur at the band. They have captured the "world is going to end" market and no one can touch them

They should tour everywhere and stop messing about with this reducing their carbon footprint idea, as the fans will make a big enough footprint when they travel miles to get to one of their limited number of shows

I didn't know how to answer that without some sort of smart ass response, so thanks Joyful. Pretty much the entire arena sings along with most every track, at least that's been the case with the shows of theirs I've been to.

Even though i like No Surprises i dont understand what the hell Thom Yorke is saying

All i hear is "nahh nah laaal aaaaa gaaaaaa No Surprises" etc

He whines a bit to much in that tune

I can see Just being a good tune live and electioneering

I dont think Radiohead have ever written a song which you would sing with your friends in a jolly mood - do Radiohead fans sing along at their gigs?

They dont feel good tunes - this is not a dig/slur at the band. They have captured the "world is going to end" market and no one can touch them

They should tour everywhere and stop messing about with this reducing their carbon footprint idea, as the fans will make a big enough footprint when they travel miles to get to one of their limited number of shows

The head of state has called for me by name
But I don't have time for him
It's gonna be a glorious day!
I feel my luck could change

Pull me out of the aircrash
Pull me out of the lake
'Cause I'm your superhero
We are standing on the edge

rain down
rain down
come on rain down
on me
from a great height
from a gra\eeaa haaaeeeeeiiii

and Aircrash sounds so depressing i cant see how that is a feelgood tune

You must be rock bottom so see that an uplifting tune

Holy shit, your simplicity is amusing. Very much so.

The song is about surviving an aircrash and saving people's lives. It's called "Lucky."

and Aircrash sounds so depressing i cant see how that is a feelgood tune

You must be rock bottom so see that an uplifting tune

Sorry, but what are you talking about? Radiohead don't make "feel-good" music. That doesn't mean you can't feel good listening to it. Good music generally makes me FEEL - and usually good.

And I don't care what the crowds look like in these videos. People sing and sing loud and sing frequently at Radiohead shows.

But who the fuck cares? A good singalong isn't the end all and be all of a good show. If you just want a good singalong, go to an Irish pub.

Why am I having this conversation?

Yes being in an aircrash is such a positive thing - hardly something i want to think/listen about is it - i forgot the title as i have not listen to Ok com for a few months

Its hardly

" you can wait for a lifetime to spend your days in the sunshine
you may as do the white line
because when it comes on top
you got to make it happen"

"Lucky" has never once made me think of an actual plane crash, not even the hundreds of times I've listened to it on an actual airplane.

Yes being in an aircrash is such a positive thing - hardly something i want to think/listen about is it - i forgot the title as i have not listen to Ok com for a few months

Its hardly

" you can wait for a lifetime to spend your days in the sunshine
you may as do the white line
becasue when it come on top
you got to make it happen"

You're absolutely right. Radiohead does not write all of their lyrics for pop loving fifteen year old girls who need a quote for the Myspace profiles. Good to know that it makes them a miserable band for not hitting up that market.

What does it make me if I like both Oasis and Radiohead? I probably like Radiohead a good bit more, but doesn't stop me enjoying Oasis. I don't get these arguments.

Why writes songs about how messed up the world is

Most people dont care about that stuff

Why not listen to songs that make you want to do something with your life rather than think "gosh, the world is a terrible place" - Radiohead caters for people who are depressed

I like Radiohead but they are massivley overrated - its clear from their lyrics and whiny frontman they need some Prozac

Back
Top Bottom