R.E.M. - upcoming album 'Collapse Into Now' / General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sure U2 has done the best job of giving U2 fans a bad name lately. HI-YO!

Urhrm. *walks out*

in other news, "e-bow and the letter" is good, but i still can't stand "everybody hurts."

As usual when BVS is involved, what I discovered is that my effort at making some actual thought-out posts in an attempt to stimulate discussion ended in a gang-up on the poster who has the least popular opinion -- the 'schoolyard bully' form of Internet discussion -- showing again what a juvenile crowd this forum attracts.

It's a shame you felt the need to childishly call me out, especially since I've only made two posts in this thread and I was probably the most civil to you out of everyone else.

Your last post(if this indeed is your last post) was indicative of many of your posts. Call out someone personally or call someone names(you did both in this post), arrogantly act as if you're enlightening us, and play victim. It has nothing to do with your opinion, it has everything to do with how you present it.

You did a bad job elaborating and backing up your opinion on this one :shrug:

See ya :wave:

Wow, it looks like this thread has collapsed into now. :huh:

I wonder if good old 65980 has given Out of Time a listen. Couldn't you say that's like diverse and stuff? :lol:

Heaven forbid you guys just fucking ignore someone or just say something and move on, rather than turning it into an endless circle jerk of an argument.

Heaven forbid you guys just fucking ignore someone or just say something and move on, rather than turning it into an endless circle jerk of an argument.

Hey Stripey Hat and Shirt Girl, you better not be talking about me. :wink:

Oh yeah, didn't Monster go like 10 times platinum across the world? Just saying. :lol:

Wow, so...apparently studying for the GRE nonstop these past few days and staying away from the boards has caused me to miss this pretty massive news.

I am a failure at being an R.E.M. fan.

That being said though, I'm looking forward to hearing the album. If nothing else, it means a tour!

actually if you look back to the front, there's no mention of that and peeps were talking about it being highly probably there won't be one. no? i can't remember. that was a lot of pages ago.

Eh, I didn't look to the beginning, to be honest. If there's no tour, oh well, I was lucky enough to see them a couple times on the Accelerate tour.

A couple years back, I'm sure some of you remember, music critic Matthew Perpetua, decided to write about every R.E.M. song in his blog:

Pop Songs 07-08

I hadn't looked back at Matthew's blog in a couple years, but checking back on it today, there is now an extensive Q&A with Micheal Stipe where readers/fans could ask Stipe anything they wanted about songs, lyrics, interpretations, etc. Anyway I found it interesting to read through, to see Stipe's perspective on things.

To Michael,
My name is I, I am 7years old and I am from England and I love begin the begin It’s wicked.

That is so effing cute.

Thanks for posting that! I'd forgotten all about that guy's project.

I am, however, disheartened by Stipe's continuous use of "breath" instead of "breathe."

which makes this earlier reply of his all the more :doh:

I am btw the best speller in the R.E.M. Office

He's like the Bono of R.E.M. with such lies.

Very good read. I always liked "Untitled" off Green, and even moreso now knowing it was written for his parents: "hold him (her)/and keep him (her) warm/while I'm away from here"; such a nice sentiment.

yeah, i'm still in the process of reading...lots of words. that's a good thing.

For some reason, I think Danger Mouse would be better suited to produce REM than U2... but as a U2 fan (obviously), I'm not complaining.

Jacknife Lee seems to be a good fit for them though, so I'm not complaining either.

i think i hate danger mouse. but i also don't think i have any clue who or what that is. why do i think this?

cool. well, minus the peaches part. but otherwise, cool, i guess.

by the way, world of warcraft npcs whose names always cracked me up:
WoWScrnShot_110310_234612.jpg

yeah, i'm a geek.

Back
Top Bottom