R.E.M. - upcoming album 'Collapse Into Now' / General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also:

1999/Let's Go Crazy
Black Cow/Babylon Sisters
A Life of Possibilities/Sentimental Man
Young Americans/Station to Station
Race For The Prize/Fight Test
Subterranean Homesick Blues/Like A Rolling Stone
Tangled Up And Blue/Hurricane

Just listened to Out of Time again for the first time in a couple years....I really like that last stretch of songs: Half A World Away, Texarkana, Country Feedback, and Me In Honey.

While R.E.M. albums generally start strong, this may be the best four song closer on any of their albums.

:up:

There used to be a crew of Country Feedback fanatics on Interference 7 or 8 years ago. It was probably the most mentioned REM song here for a few years, haha.

Odd that The Beatles can't really compete here. Drive My Car? Taxman? Sgt. Pepper's? Ehh.

No Reply/Help! is actually really awesome.

My favorite songs on Out of Time are all non-singles. Near Wild Heaven, Texarkana and Country Feedback are all great. I don't think much of the album as a whole though.

I've never felt as rapturous over it as others have (including the members of REM), but it's a great song.

That's because you're old.

:lol:

"the sidewinder sleeps tonight" is the only automatic song i can really stand these days. but oh, can i stand it. i am really loving that song now. i just did a ridiculous stipedance around my room while rocking out. geriatric style, i guess.

oh, and i may have missed it, but i don't think anyone's mentioned up in 9 pages. i know it was at one time regarded as shit, but this place isn't actually a bastion of casual fandom opinion, and opinions change in time. um, i like sad professor. a lot. walk unafraid, and at my most beautiful being a couple favorites. other singles-wise stuff that's good--can't forget daysleeper.

oh, and i may have missed it, but i don't think anyone's mentioned up in 9 pages. i know it was at one time regarded as shit, but this place isn't actually a bastion of casual fandom opinion, and opinions change in time. um, i like sad professor. a lot. walk unafraid, and at my most beautiful being a couple favorites. other singles-wise stuff that's good--can't forget daysleeper.

I think Lance mentioned Up as one of his top R.E.M. albums. And yes, I was just listening to it the other, day definitely underrated, and thank you popmofo for mentioned Falls to Climb, I always feel alone in loving that song.

ah, i missed it then.

she's a sad tomato! (that IS the actual line, right? i haven't been mishearing that all this time, right?)

heh. this thread made me go on an rem binge. on monster now.

This thread made me think of one of my favorite bootlegs, which I haven't listened to in years.

This is crummy video, but I'm posting it anyway ...

YouTube - REM - Funtime @ Greenpeace Benefit @ 40 Watt Club - Athens, GA U.S. - 1992

"Fun! ... Dracula was pretty good but it wasn't quite as gory and violent as they said it would be!"

Sadly, the video cuts off just as they're starting the transition into Radio Free Europe as the closer. :(

"Belong" and "Daysleeper" are my pet favorite R.E.M. tunes.

R.E.M. have never had much in the way of style, sexiness, groove, or diversity, but damn they're good at what they do!

i wish more people would just come out and say, "[insert band here] isn't u2, but they don't suck!" first and in bold typeface so i'd know to stop reading their posts before i got to the end.

Back
Top Bottom