Please ride the hype train with me AKA Vampire Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my question. If you don't like a band, why bother stealing and listening to their albums or watching their videos and pissing in threads that were created for fans of said bands? I can't imagine the amount of spare time some of you must have.

:)

You Utah(i)an scum.

I have a ton of spare time, why do you mock my joblessness? :(

Oh, and I did it just so I could get a quote like the above one from you!

:)

What are you doing in your spare time?

bin-dive.jpg

NSW believes the children are our future.

Please ride the heeb train with me AKA Vampire Shysters

I'm going to defend my listening to the album, watching the Letterman performance, and pissing in the thread: I liked the first half of the first album just fine. Thought it was a fun, if slight, listen. But when you're in the business of making trifles, there are certain people who are going to sour on you pretty quickly.

NSW is around to say it, but I'll say it anyway: this rivals Get On Your Boots as far as crappy first single choices are concerned. Of course, Get On Your Boots had a discernible chorus, but it was equally repetitive and hook-free, so I feel the comparison is apt. I can't say I'm underwhelmed by it though, as I wasn't expecting anything better from Vampire Weekend.

I feel better than ever about illegally downloading Contra, or at least I will whenever I get around to it.

NSW is around to say it, but I'll say it anyway: this rivals Get On Your Boots as far as crappy first single choices are concerned. Of course, Get On Your Boots had a discernible chorus, but it was equally repetitive and hook-free, so I feel the comparison is apt. I can't say I'm underwhelmed by it though, as I wasn't expecting anything better from Vampire Weekend.

At least Get On Your Cocks was, you know, creative.

Seeing as the last album got an 8.8 from them, not bad! I'm hoping Amazon will deliver my copy early and I'll have it tonight instead of tomorrow. At the least, if it arrived before I left for work tomorrow, I'd be happy.

So yeah, this will be my last post in this thread. Gave Contra a listen, thought it was a poor melding of unfinished leftovers from the first album, bad integrations of late '00s indie cliches (Giving Up The Gun is a poor man's Metric, I Think Ur A Contra is a poor man's M83, etc.), and Cousins (although it could easily fit into the first category, it's so inexplicably awful that it deserves its own). Run is the one song that will stick with me, I think. Hope it's a single, because it's fucking good. Otherwise, meh.

Considering I couldn't get past track three on the first album, this is a vast improvement. So far it's the best thing I've heard this year (I act like I've heard so much). Really, really enjoyed it.

They were on Conan tonight, and Kimmel on Wed. or Thurs. I think. If you didn't like the Letterman performance, don't watch the Conan one, because even I thought it was sucky-ish. :shh:

Excited to finally get the album tomorrow.

Run is the one song that will stick with me, I think. Hope it's a single, because it's fucking good.

Just listened to this one for the first time, and it's definitely a stand out for me as well. :up:

I also really like White Sky, but I'm assuming that's because I recognized it as one of the "new untitled" songs they played when I saw them live.

Still have a few songs left.

I'm enjoying the album so far, but I am disappointed in the use of autotune in California English :tsk:

I suppose thats sorta how you use it

More like: It was kind of lame of them to use autotune, eh?

eh = wouldnt you agree

so i'm assuming this one is out already?

i haven't heard any 2010 albums yet, anyone care to describe this band for me? i may just check them out.

i haven't heard any 2010 albums yet, anyone care to describe this band for me? i may just check them out.

They're a fresh faced quartet of Ivy League douches who make bright, shiny, fun, catchy indie pop songs. I like them. If you can you should listen to both albums. Their running times are short so it won't waste your day if you aren't hooked.

Back
Top Bottom