New Bob Dylan album! Together Through Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought the concert was pretty good. Dylan seemed to be into it, which is always a plus. I'm not gonna talk about his vocals, you know to expect some growl, but the renditions of the songs were quite straightforward. Not much guessing to what song he was actually playing. The band is smokin'! :up:

Why not? He played Man In The Long Black Coat (also from Oh Mercy) on Saturday. Though I'd also give a kidney to hear him play Most Of The Time (such a beautiful song! :heart: ).

BTW, if you want to take a look for some of the setlists of his current tour, then this is your guide: Bob Dylan - Bob Links - 2009 Tour Guide

:)

Thanks for this, I'm really looking forward to next week. I'll post my impressions here after the concert. As long as he is actually into the concert, I'm sure it will be just fine! Geneva is generally not the best place audience-wise, so the performers' presence is always quite important.

Apparently he hasn't played Most Of The Time in the past 15 or so years. In any case, I don't think the live renditions live up to the studio version (even the alternate version in Tell Tale Signs doesn't do much for me).

Thanks for the links!

Apparently he hasn't played Most Of The Time in the past 15 or so years.

True. But this is Bob Dylan, so you never know. On the opening night of his European tour he played Billy 4 (from the 1973 soundtrack Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid). That was the first time he ever played that song!

Cough...cough...

An Austin shout out! Thank you, Mr. Zimmerman.

I'm waiting. While I'm certainly a Dylan fanatic, I don't foam at the mouth in anticipation of new material like I do with Shuttlecock, even though I love his recent stuff.

I'm waiting. While I'm certainly a Dylan fanatic, I don't foam at the mouth in anticipation of new material like I do with Shuttlecock, even though I love his recent stuff.

Yeah, it's only a week early. I'd heard the opening track, "Beyond Here Lies Nothin," which got me way excited for it. I still haven't given the album a listen though, so I can't say how it is, but the comments I've seen have all been great. :up:

Hmmm... just heard it. I'll listen to it a few more times before say anything. But it sounded really good at first listen. :up::up:

I really like it. :up: His voice is rough, as always, but it meshes so well with the bluesy stuff going on, and it generally sounds fantastic.

Highly suggest picking it up on Tuesday, as I will be. :D

I've heard 3 songs now, and I'm begining to believe this could be one of Dylans V best albums, his voice has not sounded as good and melodic in years!!!! :hyper:

Home Page | Bob Dylan

22 city minor league park jaunt with Willie, who is as close to a god as it gets here in Texas.

Mellencamp is also with them, so if you ever had any doubts as to whose country this is, I'd recommend checking him out.

It's $67.50 for a ticket at the Round Rock (right outside Austin, if you didn't know) show. I don't know if I can justify paying that much when I only want to see THE DYL. I hate Mellencamp and can see Willie 40 times a year if I want.

Things with Toby Keith reached a fever pitch when I was in Vegas walking through Harrah's to get to the monorail (what's it called?). I saw "Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill."

I made an off color remark about how awful he is and how awful the food must be simply by association, which resulted in a TK'sILTB&G denizen threatening to "put a boot in my ass" because "it's the American way."

So what I'm trying to say is no, I don't care for Toby Keith.

Just spoke to my dad, the guy who got me into THE DYL. Looks like I'm going to the show back in DFW, which is fine because that park is a lot smaller than Dell Diamond in Round Rock.

I love Willie the man but, no, I don't really want to listen to his music.

Melly was awesome back in the day. Catchy songs, that sexy little James Brown dance (where is U2democrat these days to back me up here?), that whole feel good thing. I saw him and Springsteen at MSG on the same bill once for some kind of benefit and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed him. Today? Not so much, no.

I can't remember who else was part of that show. I'm thinking Sting, Peter Gabriel, The Who... it was just an unbelievable amount of big time talent.

Back
Top Bottom