Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2inUtah said:
from some recommendations on Bang and Clatter:

The National - Alligator
LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver

Prepare to be amazed.

Got Black Sheep Boy and Illinois on vinyl yesterday.
smielephantin7.gif

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Believe it or not, I hadn't listened to any of the songs from this album yet, I had just figured I'd wait for the CD. I've only gotten through the first two songs, and I'm already majorly impressed. :up:

I absolutely cannot afford to buy CDs, but today I strayed into JB Hi-Fi and of course walked out with some goodies:

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Clare Bowditch and the Feeding Set - The Moon Looked On
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire

Most recent:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: American X (still waiting for the mail)
Radiohead: In Rainbows

elevated_u2_fan said:

Another fan I see? I really like The Three E.P.'s... This one is taking longer to grow on me...

Yeah, the self-titled is admittedly probably my least favorite of their records. Hot Shots II is good, but I personally LOVE Heroes to Zeros. One of those bands where I'm still upset/sad that they broke up.

Next on the list: The Joshua Tree remastered with dvd. Got it off itunes without realizing there was a dvd involved.

the tourist said:
Next on the list: The Joshua Tree remastered with dvd. Got it off itunes without realizing there was a dvd involved.

Actually I lied. Amazom got the best of me and I bought some previously owned discs which will be shipped to me:

Paul McCartney: Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: BRMC
The Soundtrack of Our Lives: Origin, vol. 1

Just picked up the following at Waterloo Records, all on vinyl:

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Feist - The Reminder
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Radiohead - In Rainbows

Pretty damn good haul for only 40+ dollars.

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Listening to it for the first time now. Some nice grooves on here. :up:

Wow, I've been buying a lot of new CD's lately:

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Radiohead - The Bends
Radiohead - OK Computer
Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
Battles - Mirrored
Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
Kings Of Leon - Because Of The Times
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
Midnight Oil - Head Injuries
Midnight Oil - Midnight Oil (completes my Oils discography)
The White Stripes - Icky Thump
Idlewild - The Remote Part

Last edited:
Bruce Springsteen - The Essiential (for $10....it's a good way to "delay" me buying the rest of the back catalouge....)
Oasis - (Whats The Story?) Morning Glory
Queen - Live At The Bowl

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door
Led Zeppelin - Coda

Went to purchase Rainbows and caved in for the other 3 as well when I saw the prices! Why am I so addicted? :scream:

I'm already thinking about returning Coda and getting REM's Reckoning instead. :hmm: :shifty:

Zootlesque said:

I'm already thinking about returning Coda and getting REM's Reckoning instead. :hmm: :shifty:

Do It. I don't know about taking back Coda, BUT GET RECKONING NOW. You won't be disappointed. I'm sure u2popmofo can back me up on this one.

U2inUtah said:

GET RECKONING NOW. You won't be disappointed. I'm sure u2popmofo can back me up on this one.

I'm presently standing behind U2inUtah, backing him up. Our will compels you, Zoot.

U2inUtah, where did you buy the cds at? You're in Utah County, right? I did some cd store shopping (FYE, Best Buy, Gray Whale) on Saturday as well, we may have passed each other while staring at cds.

Even though I already have the discbox, I bought a normal copy of In Rainbows. It was only $7.99 at Best Buy, I couldn't resist.

You nailed it...FYE. Best Buy, and Gray Whale are generally the best spots, and yes I am in Ut. Co, but moving to SE Salt Lake Valley shortly.

I'm going to have to pick up In Rainbows at Best Buy, thats a good deal, and I want to have the physical cd.

The first CDs of the new year (OK, I technically bought them late last year, but they arrived today, so I count them for 2008).

Grateful Dead - From The Mars Hotel
Neville Brothers - Fiyo On The Bayou

I wonder how many CDs I'll buy this year... :shifty:

Popmartijn said:

I wonder how many CDs I'll buy this year... :shifty:

I know! I seriously felt sick to my stomach looking at the list of artists who are scheduled to release new albums this year, as there were way too many that I know I'll have to buy no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom