My top ten picks for the JJJ hottest 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vance Joy should've stuck with footy.

Blurred Lines missed out completely, which seems odd.

How so? I'd say Robin Thicke is the punching bag of the Triple J demographic.

Still eighteen songs left to reveal anyway.

Well it features Pharrell, is catchy and doesn't sound all that dissimilar to Get Lucky, in a way.

Annoys me that Justin Timberlake and Beyonce didn't have a shot.

If Blurred Lines had won I would've hoped to see the JJJ top 100 discontinued indefinitely.

Annoys me that Justin Timberlake and Beyonce didn't have a shot.

To be fair, in the case of the latter, it came out in November, right? Stuff released in the last two months of the year usually doesn't do too well in the Hottest 100. I think traditionally May-July is the best period to release a song for Hottest 100 inclusion: long enough for it to be cemented as a popular favourite, but not so long that it gets overlooked in favour of newcomers.

reposting.

Oh if only...

To be fair, in the case of the latter, it came out in November, right? Stuff released in the last two months of the year usually doesn't do too well in the Hottest 100. I think traditionally May-July is the best period to release a song for Hottest 100 inclusion: long enough for it to be cemented as a popular favourite, but not so long that it gets overlooked in favour of newcomers.

Oh if only...

This is all true but I don't think Beyoncé would have got in even if it was released earlier in the year.

The poor bastard who came in 101st is...

*drumroll*

Jake Bugg – What Doesn’t Kill You

Cool to see Naked & Famous's "Hearts Like Ours" at #104, but in general 101-200 didn't excite me as much as previous years.

It's a pretty ordinary list all round. Not completely offensive in the 100s, but nothing to write home about.

That said, another fun Australia Day ripping the Hottest 100 a new one. I enjoy hating stuff, it's how I know I'm still alive (well and, more seriously, I know how good music can be. I want that again, and furthermore I want it in people's faces).

Like the Naked and Famous song. Also like that Austra (sp?) track a bit further back. Although she's not really my thing, consider the Lorde song that got in the 100s list the better one of hers. In a genuinely great 200 list, I'd say all are placed about where they belong.

Cool that Hard Out Here made it. Good to see Blood on the Leaves, Help Me Lose My Mind, The Avalanches and Danny Brown all got a gig, albeit all too low.

It is fun ripping on the Hottest 100. I love being a music snob and a hater.

Why do you guys look forward to hating music? :sad: :( :sad:

Also, Kieran, I don't see Austra on the list. Do you mean something else? I was hoping one of Austra's songs would make it. The frontwoman's got quite a voice.

Oh well, if not Austra... I don't know for sure who I thought I heard. And that list isn't really helping me out...

The song I'm recalling went something like 'help me lose my mind'.

The Nash really struggled. Graceless at 64, followed by Demons at 190. Expected better from them.

St Lucia's "Elevate" at 93. Delicious

Back
Top Bottom