My Bloody Valentine vs. Chicago: Tinnitus FTW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just listened to Loveless a few weeks ago when I found out a new album was even coming out.

Maybe I'll listen to...anything else by them.

I like MBV, but can someone explain to me what is the point or appeal of their live shows being so loud? I don't get it. It's good that they try to be responsible and pass out earplugs, but why play like that in the first place? And aren't there noise ordinances in a lot of cities?

On second listen, I find Isn't Anything a bit more appealing. It's simple noise rock in the Jesus and Mary Chain mold, but still has a bunch of really strong tracks. Not a patch on Loveless, but few albums are.

Shields better not have been BSing, or I'm going to cry. Guess we'll know relatively soon.

Less than one now, their Facebook page comments section is going nuts. I got excited when I saw the thread bumped this morning.

I know I'm a cynical bastard, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I feel like Shields' 2-3 days estimation was almost a droll commentary on how long it has taken for the album to come out. Sure, unexpected releases with next to no marketing are becoming increasingly common (think not just In Lameblows but Allelujah Don't Bend Ascend), but I wouldn't bet on any band to go that route.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and am listening to the follow-up to Loveless in 24 hours.

It would come out on a cool day if it is tomorrow, 1/31/13.

He's certainly given inaccurate estimates in the past, and even said "might" this time, so I suppose i shouldn't get my hopes up. Can't help it though, I'm excited.

"Did I say two to three days? I meant two to three years."

I hope it comes out soon.

Is Lennay Kekua acting as the record label on this album or something? WTF, Shields?

Back
Top Bottom