Muse announce new album "Drones" for June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This shit sucks. It sounds like boring, generic sludge made from the worst parts of Uprising, Elephant and Personal Jesus.

That riff took, what, 30 seconds to write? The lyrics may have taken less. It's just rambling drivel that Matt couldn't be bothered to even attach rhymes to. Is conspiracy bullshit all he can write about anymore?

I miss Madness.

Last edited:
It's really poor, not as embarrassing as Neutron Star Collision, but really what's the point? The sergeant shouting thing is hilariously awful.

This shit sucks. It sounds like boring, generic sludge made from the worst parts of Uprising, Elephant and Personal Jesus.

That riff took, what, 30 seconds to write? The lyrics may have taken less. It's just rambling drivel that Matt couldn't be bothered to even attach rhymes to. Is conspiracy bullshit all he can write about anymore?

Perhaps the rest of the album will just be recycled riffs and random lyrics thrown together?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC3b_O0omtw

The last Muse thread had a lyric in the title that read "You'll wake the thought police," and I thought the thread was a joke about Muse, but apparently that was actually a Muse lyric, which is the most Muse lyric of all-time. Something about that lyric actually infuriates me. I think I may be having an aneurysm.

I hate to be that guy, but it just sounds same-y with all the other Muse songs. Like I posted in the random music thread.. Matt found a lyrical theme ten years ago and more or less stuck to it ever since.

So that isn't very good. I still think/hope the album will have a few good tunes though.

Initially turned off by the lyrics and background vocals which remind me of this guy:

marilyn-manson.jpg

Drones is a the beautiful people remake :tsk:

I actually feel a bit embarrassed by this song. It's like they are trying way too hard :shrug:

Their music can be okay if you don't listen to the lyrics. I don't feel Matt even invests any time into writing even remotely meaningful lyrics. Most of their lyrics sound like they were written by some angry 8 year old.

But there's no way you cannot listen to the screaming, much less the lyrics.

I will not waste my time listening to a song that contains the line, "Your ass belongs to me now." They could have at least made a reach-around reference if they insist on the drill sergeant thing.

I will not waste my time listening to a song that contains the line, "Your ass belongs to me now."

Makes me think of when Prince refused to co-star in the Bad video with MJ because the opening line is MJ saying "your butt is mine".

Maybe that's urban legend, but it's still pretty funny.

Never before has a lyric video been less flattering. I'm thinking this new track has got to be a joke. How else to explain the drill sergeant bit at the beginning?

This is an utter embarrassment.

It's as if they took a shitty version of Roadhouse Blues and a shitty version of Beautiful People, mashed them together, saw how shitty it was, and then decided that it wasn't shitty enough, so they added in a chorus that makes Stand Up Comedy look like Shakespeare. When that still wasn't shitty enough, they decided to toss in a god awful Full Metal Jacket parody, because hey, why the fuck not. If you're going to write a shitty song, might as well make it as shitty as you possibly can. Go hard or go home.

I only got through half the video. At first it seemed really generic but then holy shit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I listened to it a second time and it's even more shit on second listen.

Instrumentally, this sounds like a parody of a generic Muse track... but then the drill sergeant and the lyrical stupidity take this well beyond a dull parody into something truly cringeworthy.

My gawd, that is by far the worst song I've heard come out of a band that I respect.

Somebody clearly hasn't heard Neutron Star Collision!

This is worse than NSC, because here they seem to be trying to do what they're supposed to be good at but falling flat on their face while trying to do it. That and I can't remember how NSC sounds like, while I've got the awful drill sergeant shit stuck in my head.

Undisclosed Desires?

Maybe Panic Station but that sounds more like old Maroon 5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom