Metallica is back !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What garbage. Couldn't even get past the 2-minute mark. I don't want to hear Hetfield actually trying to sing, which is why I checked out in the first place with the Black Album.

That's not the Metallica I want to hear.

Saves me the trouble of even downloading the album.

The second half of the song is much better. Less vocals, more guitars. The solos/riffs are pretty damn good, some of the best since And Justice For All.

Alright, on first listen I really like The Day That Never Comes. Thumbs up :up: !

And, yeah, there's more kickass guitar work in the last two minutes of this song than there was on the whole of St. Anger.

What garbage. Couldn't even get past the 2-minute mark. I don't want to hear Hetfield actually trying to sing, which is why I checked out in the first place with the Black Album.

That's not the Metallica I want to hear.

Saves me the trouble of even downloading the album.

Oh you're one of those fans. :rolleyes:

:wink:

Not like a pussy, he didn't.

"And nothing else matters...."

Whatever, dude. You're in a heavy metal band. Supposedly.

What about "I have lost the will to live, simply nothing more to give"?
It's not like they started doing ballads with Nothing Else Matters.

The vocal delivery in those two songs are completely different. Just because they're both ballads doesn't mean they were approached the same way.

"Couldn't be much more from the heaaaaaart..." What the fuck is that?

:sigh:

Metallica is not allowed to mature. They can't keep sounding like metal kids living in their parents basement forever! Kill Em All part 26. :|

Hetfield has a beautiful singing voice! Mama Said :heart:

Who wants Kill 'Em All? And Justice For All sounded pretty damned mature to me.

Simplifying/shortening your songs and trying to sing sensitively does not equal maturation/sophistication. They've regressed, if anything.

I'm kinda with Laz here. The first couple minutes sound like a Metallica-Lite cover band. James sounds plain. Don't like the mix either - at least Lars doesn't sound like he's banging on a metal chair, but the drums stick out too much still, and they're not nearly interesting enough to be that prominent in the mix.

Does get a little better in the latter half, but it seems kind of like aimless "we must thrash now to redeem ourselves" rather than "this is where the song should go" progression.

It's better than anything on St. Anger. But that's not saying much. :shrug:

I don't think it is that bad. Miles ahead of anything on St. Anger! At least there is an attempt here at getting back to good old thrash. Sure, it is nowhere near as good as something like Damage Inc. (dear mother dear father what is this hell that you put me through :drool:) but I'm kinda digging the song musically despite some cliche lyrics.

YOU GOT THE REFERENCE.

Have a cookie.

cookiemonsteroc3.jpg

Got the reference?! Dig up the original thread, I CREATED the reference. :cool:

:wink:

Does Lance's Mom have competition?

Uh oh.

U2popscumbo just meant that he referenced her during conversation with his blow-up doll last night.

"I wish I had a real Mom, like NSW's Mom, then maybe I wouldn't be trying to impregnate a big plastic bag of air. What? Shut the fuck up about Twilight already!"

For those that are interested - tickets go on sale for a few S.Calif. dates
on Thursday, September 4th at 8am,
. 12/12/08 @ Citizens Business Bank Arena (Ontario)
. 12/17/08 @ The Forum
. 12/18/08 @ The Forum
. In the password box enter: MAGNETIC
. Tickets for the Ontario show are $93.94 GA Floor / $73.94 Reserved
. Tickets for the LA shows are $98.94 GA Floor / $78.94 Reserved
. Ticket price includes a copy of the forthcoming album 'Death Magnetic' and a complimentary Live Metallica download of the event date purchased. You will receive your copy of 'Death Magnetic' by the September 12th release date.
. There is a 4 ticket limit per person
. You will need a major credit card
. This advance on-sale ends Thursday, September 4th at 10pm, or when the ticket allocation is gone
. If you are unable to buy tickets during the presale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale Saturday, September 13th at 10am, at all ticketmaster locations

Back
Top Bottom