Metallica is back ! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I agree with this. I think the black album is solid. Does it reach the heights of the previous albums? Probably not, but it's still a very good record. So they hired a producer that previously worked with Bon Jovi. Big deal. They don't sound anything like them, anyway.
the whole producer thing is such a stupid lame argument.

Are we to get all bent out of shape because Rick Rubin has produced for Shakira, Neil diamond and Andrew Dice Clay ?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Yes, they are back with a vengance! Both Lars and James have said that all the shit that they went through during the making of St. Anger is really paying off now! From the little that I was able to listen from the Mission Metallica site it seems like we have some great songs coming our way. I don't like the fact that they are not playing their guitars D-tuned and that Rubin wanted James to sound more like on Kill 'Em All. I personally prefer the thickness and heavyness of the D-tunning and the aggressivity of late 80's and 90's James vocals but I think their songwriting abilities is still alive and kicking and they seem still really passionate about doing records and touring so I can only hope for the best!

I think it's going to be a great record they will deliver and it's going to shut the mouths of a bunch of extremely annoying people. I want to see the bullshit they wil come up with to keep their hate for Metallica going as they pretend no to like the new stuff. Can't wait for it!

And here's the obnoxious smiley tat kicks everybody in the ass:

Old 05-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

the whole producer thing is such a stupid lame argument.

Are we to get all bent out of shape because Rick Rubin has produced for Shakira, Neil diamond and Andrew Dice Clay ?

Working in different genres is one thing. But Rock's poppy, cheese metal style (also present in his work with Motley Crue) is something that is NOTICEABLE on the Black Album. The little cutesy guitar fills on Enter Sandman, for example.

It amazes me that anyone could even listen to Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, or And Justice For All, and not realize how towering those achievements are in comparison.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

It amazes me that anyone could even listen to Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, or And Justice For All, and not realize how towering those achievements are in comparison.
It's called an opinion. While I agree that the pre-Black stuff is a lot better, I can certainly understand that (gulp) people have different tastes than I do !!!! Shocking.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey, I know there's a lot of people with shitty taste.

It still amazes me, though.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

Imagine if they'd done both, say made a radio-friendly lowest common denominator by-the-numbers radio-fodder album like, oh, HTDAAB AND used their music to sell a product like, say, an iPOD...

Meanwhile, a certain band hires a DJ to produce their album, looks like they've come straight from the nearest rave party at the height of techno and does a huge TV network TV special
and all is forgiven. Of course they were heavily milking the rise of videos and MTV along the way in the 90's too.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:58 AM   #37
Babyface

Local Time: 09:34 AM
did you hear tha lars thinks of giving the new album for download, following the Radiohead, NIN steps?:O
Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Comfis
did you hear tha lars thinks of giving the new album for download, following the Radiohead, NIN steps?:O
That would have a certain irony to it.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747

That would have a certain irony to it.
Actually they've been surprisingly adept at embracing the internet once they saw it wasn't going to go away. You're going to be able to follow new album progress, and every live show, warts and all, is available for download within 48 hrs. The U2 camp could stand to learn a thing or 2....
Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

Meanwhile, a certain band hires a DJ to produce their album, looks like they've come straight from the nearest rave party at the height of techno and does a huge TV network TV special
and all is forgiven. Of course they were heavily milking the rise of videos and MTV along the way in the 90's too.

Yeah, delving into a genre that a large percentage of your audience doesn't want you to explore is a sure fire way to make more money and gain popularity.

Shut up U2 Girl, you're a broken record. You've been beating this horse for how many years now?

Go back to EYKIW where people expect to read this shit over and over again.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:34 AM
Laz, I disagree with you from time to time but that was post of the year material!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:

Yeah, delving into a genre that a large percentage of your audience doesn't want you to explore is a sure fire way to make more money and gain popularity.

Shut up U2 Girl, you're a broken record. You've been beating this horse for how many years now?

Would that be the large percentage that ate up AB and Zoo TV tour just a few years before ? Yeah, trying out dance music totally ruined U2 and their fanbase.

I just love the double standard when it comes to U2 "selling out". The topic isn't exclusive to EYKIW, and it never was.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #43
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:

Stop being rude. Use the ignore feature if you dont want to read her posts.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:34 AM
U2girl, how long will you keep defending U2 of the 00s to people who's posts don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Why can't you just let things be as simply opinions and be satisfied with your own opinions? You really have a neverending thankless job here.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

It's not the defending of the 00's that bothers me; it's that to do so she resorts to claiming U2's choices in the 90's were a safe career move, and that it was commercially motivated.

It's almost futile arguing with anyone who uses such pretzel logic. Or someone who thinks Achtung and Zoo-TV somehow segue cleanly into "dance music".

Tags
metallica