MERGED-->Idlewild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

Sula, I think they're more of a club band than a festival band. I loved them at T in the Park, but only because I'd seen them at smaller venues before.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Actually I saw them last year at V2002 in England (between Elbow and Doves) and they were a decent live act. can't say I was overly awed but they definitely have energy. My only complaint would be that their sound leaves me feeling sorta "been there, done that".

I think we found the reason there. :wink:

I was on Idlewild's site today and found this in the 'live' section:

The band are now starting work on a new album scheduled for release in 2004.

:up:

Idlewild are currently writing the follow up to 'The Remote Part' in the Scottish highlands.
They are due to start recording in November, with a planned release for the Spring of 2004.
This will be their fourth full length album.

:hyper:

Spring, eh?!

Nice!

I will 'Listen to what I've got' up until then :wink: (I realize how lame that was)

LOVE those pictures, megan...I have one like it around here somewhere - let me see....I know you've seen it, but I love looking at it, so we'll just post it again... ;)

Attachments

• roddy t.jpg
    roddy t.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 38
I read this on their site today:

IDLEWILD: NEW ALBUM UPDATE!

Idlewild have just finished recording their new album in Los Angeles, with Producer Tony Hoffer (Beck, Air).

The band are now back in the UK, the album is now expected for release in early 2005.

Looks like it got a slight delay (late 2004 to early 2005), but it's GREAT to know it's done!!! I CANNOT wait for it!!!!

Last edited:
All of the more recent threads on Idlewild were album or tour specific, so I'm bumping this classic one. I like to reminisce back to the days when and Idlewild thread would become 30 pages long (far cry from receiving just 4 responses like the last Idlewild thread I made....)

Anyways, I received this email today, and am VERY pleased by it.

IDLEWILD - PRESS RELEASE

Idlewild are pleased to announce plans for our forthcoming new studio album with an opportunity for our fans to be involved from an early stage. We will be in the studio for the first few months of 2009 and plan a conventional album release in the summer but, for a limited time, we would like to offer our fans a chance to be involved from the beginning by pre-ordering a special edition album along with plenty of extras. This offer is available world-wide so that finally fans overseas will have the chance to hear our music at the same time as everyone in the UK and before any general release.

Here's how it works:
By going to idlewildmusic.com you will get details on how to pre-order and what you will receive.
These include a limited edition CD album (with free download version) in exclusive packaging & including at least one bonus track. This will be shipped within weeks of completion & before any standard release.
You can get your name to appear in the CD booklet with the album and on a roll-call on the web site.
Access to download 15 free tracks from live recordings at the King Tuts "album by album" shows In December '08 & access to a members only section of the web site with album progress updates, exclusive photo and video content from the recording and preproduction process with diaries/blogs by individual band members and lots more.
Signing up will also automatically enter you into draws for special prizes.

Why are we doing this?
After 11 years of recording and releasing records within the constraints of the record industry we now fee that the time is right and the technology exists for us to deal more quickly and directly with the fans. It also allows us total control of our music and will ultimately mean that should you choose to get involved you will hear our music as soon as it is available.
Although the album will have a more traditional release some time later in 2009 we hope you will support us in our efforts to try something new and choose to pre-order the album now.

To Pre-order please visit Idlewild

Thank you
Idlewild
21/11/2008

There are only a couple more weeks left on the pre-order offer above. I finally got around to preordering it today, and I'm listening to the 15 live tracks right now. You actually get to choose from about 30 or so tracks from when they performed all of their albums in full a few months back. It's cool to hear a number of these songs live, particularly the older ones, as I can finally hear what the hell Roddy was screaming back in the day. I'm bummed you had to choose just 15, as it was hard to pick. The live version of Little Discourage is fantastic.

I'm hoping they'll make the download version available for the people who preordered it at least before the album is released (or on the same day, as I don't want to wait for it to be shipped from the UK).

Though no one seems to care, i got this in my email over the weekend:

A big thankyou to all of you who have pre-ordered our new album. We have finished recording and start mixing on Monday so it should be with you mid April. The pre-order sale closes as of midnight on Saturday GMT for anyone who would still like to get involved. The album wil be available on general release later on in the year.
Thankyou all for your support.
Idlewild

Mid-April?! :hyper: Definitely worth the pre-order.

The mid-April release never panned out, and I'd kinda forgotten about even having pre-ordered the damn thing. I just walked outside to go for a walk and thought I'd check my mail before heading out. I opened the box and saw I had some sort of air-mail package. Flipped it over and nearly had a heart attack when I saw "Idlewild" was the sender. I sprinted back inside to rip the thing open. It came with a pre-order bonus track, and a big poster / booklet thing that has everyone who pre-ordered its name inside (mine was there).

The album is called "Post Electric Blues", is 11 tracks long, and cover has the band in the studio on it. I have no idea if this is what the final album cover will look like or not. The track list is as follows:

1. Younger Than America
2. Readers & Writers
3. City Hall
4. (The Night Will) Bring You Back To Life
5. Dreams Of Nothing
6. Take Me Back To The Islands
7. Post-Electric
8. All Over The Town
9. To Be Forgotten
10. Circles In Stars
11. Take Me Back In Time

The pre-order bonus track is called 'No Wiser'. Just moved the album to my iPod, and am going to take it for a walk for the first listen. This is a great surprise, made my evening.

The mid-April release never panned out, and I'd kinda forgotten about even having pre-ordered the damn thing. I just walked outside to go for a walk and thought I'd check my mail before heading out. I opened the box and saw I had some sort of air-mail package. Flipped it over and nearly had a heart attack when I saw "Idlewild" was the sender. I sprinted back inside to rip the thing open. It came with a pre-order bonus track, and a big poster / booklet thing that has everyone who pre-ordered its name inside (mine was there).

The album is called "Post Electric Blues", is 11 tracks long, and cover has the band in the studio on it. I have no idea if this is what the final album cover will look like or not. The track list is as follows:

1. Younger Than America
2. Readers & Writers
3. City Hall
4. (The Night Will) Bring You Back To Life
5. Dreams Of Nothing
6. Take Me Back To The Islands
7. Post-Electric
8. All Over The Town
9. To Be Forgotten
10. Circles In Stars
11. Take Me Back In Time

The pre-order bonus track is called 'No Wiser'. Just moved the album to my iPod, and am going to take it for a walk for the first listen. This is a great surprise, made my evening.

so i missed the pre-order due to being overloaded with school and not checking my email that I get band updates sent to. I was not happy about that. I would be really happy if you tell me this album is good stuff

Back
Top Bottom