Matchbox Twenty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Globo14

Refugee
I couldn't find any active thread on these guys, which is a crime. They're one of my favorite bands ever, and live they're phenomenal. Anywho, they're coming out with a new album within the next few months, and it's their first full studio album in 9 years, so I am eager to hear the new stuff.

Any other fans?

Oh yes, I'm a massive mb20/rob fan. My Mum and I have been listening to them since I was 10 years old. (wow I feel a little old) Saw their first ever tour of Australia in 1997, they were great shows..have seen every tour since.

Can't wait for the new stuff either, first FULL album in such a long time. Great live band also!

I used to love them when I was 11, but I still have some nostalgia for them and certainly couldn't hate any of their songs because of that.

I love MB20! They were really popular when I made a big move in my life so whenever I hear their music it takes me back to that time in my life and makes me smile. Pity they kind of slipped off the radar, but hearing they've got another new album coming out is exciting. I will definitely check it out! Thanks for creating the thread!

i still have a soft spot for "real world" and a handful of songs that aren't "3am" on that album because out of sheer musical ignorance when i was 13/14 i thought they were great. otherwise, i have no use for this band anymore. i thought their singer ran off to be justin timberlake, to be honest, and didn't even know they were still around.

Mad Season (the album) is one of the best albums I've heard. The title track is fantastic. I also love Bright Lights.

I wasn't all that crazy about the greatest hits tracks, though. I hope the new album doesn't reflect those tracks.

Another bump. The new record has been announced, called "North", and is due in September. Lead single called "She's So Mean" is due in the coming weeks...

I'm pretty excited. I know these guys aren't that well loved on this boards, but thats okay. Here's hoping they come to Australia sometime next year, great live band.

I had what I would describe as a nostalgia flashback last weekend. Forgot how much I liked Real World.

Vlad n U 2 said:
I had what I would describe as a nostalgia flashback last weekend. Forgot how much I liked Real World.

Haha, I still have a soft spot for that song. Couldn't care less about the band otherwise, but i enjoy that song.

This new single seriously could have come out in 1996. I guess that's a good thing if you're still a fan of these guys.

I had the first two albums. There's some catch tracks on them. Particularly "Long Day"

She's So Mean is horrid. A shame, they had some cracking songs back in the day and a wonderfully distinct sound.

No h8. She's so mean is a horrible tune if you've just listened to YoSLY.

I'll forever be a fan of these guys. I grew up on Matchbox twenty and they are one of the best live bands I've seen.

If anyone sees a leak feel free to send me out a hollar! :up:

Back
Top Bottom