Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was kind of a mixed bag. She looks great. New song not as annoying as I first thought. But it just all seemed kind of weird, and she even looked awkward a few times. It didn't help that the synch on NBC seemed to be off.

Also, I'm pretty sure she lip-synched everything up to Like a Prayer, which I'm not going to rag on her for, I just thought it was weird that she busted out with live singing at the end. Or maybe that's just the one with pre-recorded vocals that didn't sound exactly like the studio versions. Am I crazy?

I think Vogue was live, and it sounded like it. Like a Prayer is debatable, though. The end sounded live, though.

Thought the new song was awesome.

It's growing on me. Loved that she did the shuffle with LMFAO. This halftime show was easily better than last year's halftime show, even with the lip-synch and everything else awkward.

See, I thought totally the opposite! :lol: The Vogue vocals and backing track sounded just like the recording (obviously with some editing/remixing), as did everything until Like a Prayer, which is the first notes she sang that didn't sound (to my ears, anyway) like the record.

And fuck, Up With People would be better than Black-Eyed Peas. God, they were so awful.

I think that "Like A Prayer" was definitely live singing.
The same for most of "Vogue" (except the sentences like "strike a pose" and "don't you stand there"). "Music" had very few live vocals.
I think she has already proved that she can sing live... and not that bad. I'm disappointed with too much backing tracks. Was it because she didn't soundcheck?

Why is every one talking about the lip-sync? Every one lip-sync's the Super Bowl.

Did the rock bands (or even Prince?) lip-sync? I mean, Bruce and U2 didn't, did they? It doesn't bother me - I don't tune into this thing to see great live music or the anthem - I think they pre-record a lot because no one wants stuff to get fucked up. I don't expect the pop stars who are dancing a lot to sing live - I know Madonna can sing on her own just fine.

I mentioned it because I thought it was weird that she'd lip-synch for everything but one song (if that was the case). Maybe because there wasn't dancing for Like a Prayer and she felt like she'd at least go for one song live. I don't know, I'm just blathering about my observations on the internet.

I thought I'd heard some years ago that the anthem was always pre-recorded for that reason, but was it last year that Aguilera messed up the words? maybe that was never true. Or it used to be but isn't anymore. Or maybe the singer gets to choose?

Oh yeah? I'm surprised there aren't more threads about whether U2 was if that's the case. :lol: (Although now that I type that, I think I recall people talking about how it didn't look like Larry was actually hitting the drums. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.)

If they did, they sure did a good job of sounding like it was live. maybe just having a pre-recorded live track (as opposed to the album version) takes away a lot of the obviousness of it.

God damn, I really wish the Packers would have gone to the game .... I'd have told my dad to FIND OUT. :lol:

I *could* be wrong.

The mistake people make is thinking it's lip-synched to the original recordings. I feel like, when I heard this, that the record the rehearsals and then sync to that.

That would make sense.

I thought I remember hearing it at least about the anthem after Whitney Houston's Theme To The First Iraq War, how it went on to be a ginormous single, and was pretty fucking perfect.

The thing is, even if she wasn't lip-synching, her voice was getting processed big time on those dance tracks, so it came off sounding fake.

Like A Prayer definitely sounded like live vocals. Seemed like she was trying to catch her breath from the previous workout.

I had like 40 people in my living room watching the halftime show, and everyone was going crazy. Definitely one for the books.

No one will ever top Prince, though.

I read from on facebook from a friend who's a fan that the only thing she didn't sing like was "Give Me All Your Lovin" and a few sentences in "Vogue" and "Music".

"Like A Prayer" was full live and most of "Vogue" and "Music" too.

But she wrote too that in the live performances it was used auto-tune in the microphone.

bono_212 said:
I *could* be wrong.

The mistake people make is thinking it's lip-synched to the original recordings. I feel like, when I heard this, that the record the rehearsals and then sync to that.

You are. Sorta.

Pre U2 everybody lip synched.

U2, Bruce, the Stones, McCartney, Tom Petty, The Who and Prince all sung live.

I thought it was entertaining, typical what the halftime show is supposed to be. Like A Prayer was the best part. Art Garfunkel on the wire, is he part of LMFAO?

I see MIA tried to get some free publicity too, I never even noticed that she flipped the bird. I did notice that they beeped her at least once.

I thought Kelly Clarkson did a beautiful anthem, understated and didn't try to over sing it at all.

He goes by the stage name Sketchy Andy

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/02/who-was-madonnas-tightrope-dancer/

So, I watched the Halftime show again - and I love it, compared to my confusion last night. My favorite part, as I said - VOGUE. Best halftime show intro ever. She had an injured hamstring, so her dancing was surprisingly low key. She sang 'Vogue' and 'Like A Prayer' live, while 'Music' and 'Give Me All Your Luvin' was mimed/lip-synced. Definitely in my top halftime shows.

In tour news, Ticketmaster had leaked a Madonna show in New Orleans for Saturday, October 27th. Tickets for this show will apparently go on sale March 5. The page no longer exists, so a tour announcement is imminent. :drool:

The non-Deluxe Version album artwork of MDNA has been released:

mdna_cover_500.jpg

I like both, maybe prefer the Deluxe Version artwork a little more.

FUCK YEAH, SEATTLE! Very happy.

May even just do the cheap seats, because honestly, the cheap seats at Key Arena aren't bad, especially with a big production for the stage.

Back
Top Bottom