Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's amazing every time they play it. When you have a whole crowd singing along and holding up fingers the "One blink for yes/two blinks for no" refrain, it's just magic.

But again, I miss Aleks singing "trading paper cuts for splinters" over and over in the background.

I love the second verse when they're singing two completely different parts.

All these mercy killings have got my conscience spilling over
And the building's ornate but its lacking in soul and character
We're burning five story buildings, laying man traps at the fire exits
We're playing feedback over tannoy systems: you look desperate, you look pathetic

Paid off the judges and we're taking advantage
Pleading our defense in binary and smiley apology montage
Like dignity is equal to desperation and self-effacement
We're holding on to our own grandeur with careful compliment placement

Matt Berninger is obviously my favorite. You can't be a drunk and not relate to a ton of his stuff.

But yeah, Gareth's fucked up head throws some great lyrics out there.

Oh, just for the record, the reason why you didn't get a "replacement song" for Black Bird, I would guess, is that I think it was one of those kind of bonus songs. They conferred before they played it, so I'm pretty sure it was impromptu.

Are you referring to the fact that we are both individually posting on Interference, rather than being out somewhere simply because it's February 14th?

The point to take from this: Gareth liked being where Ashley and I were. Laz not so much.

But he was professing his love for Los Angeles! Convincingly!

Anyway, yeah I was listening to my CD for the first time today in the car, and I don't think the physical copy has anything to do with this, but the album is really growing on me.

It's not as fun, but you know they're not going to top Youngster in that department anyway. Of course, I don't think Gareth is going to be stuck in the emotional mud forever and so the next album will hopefully have more variety vibe-wise.

But at this point the only song I don't enjoy is the last one. The title track really is amazing.

I still say he's the best lyricist of the last 15 years.

I would disagree, far too many emo lyrics for my liking, but yeah, he's certainly extremely witty and unique. Written quite a number of my favourite lyrics from the past few years.

But I spose my favourite of his lyrics is pretty emo.

If you were given the option of dying painlessly in peace at forty-five
But with a lover at your side
After a full and happy life
Is this something that would interest you
Would this interest you at all?

If you were given the option of getting massaged in style-of-Thai
but with a ladyboy at your side
after a full and bubbly pint
Is this something that would interest you
Would this friggin' interest you at all?

So I take it this is going to be the newest joke that is systematically worn into the ground?

Thankfully it appears you will remain the only one not to use my life experiences at my expense.

...I hope :wink:

No problem. That and I don't think that mocking transsexuals is in any way funny.

Anyway, We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed is a tremendous album. Not a substandard track to be found.

For some reason I've never liked Beautiful, Doomed much. Song For the Other Kurt is one of my fav and most listened to Los Camp tracks though.

^ Love that song.

And I think some would argue his original use of the term "ladyboy" was derogative.

Well remember I am racist, homophobic, sexist and all the rest of it. :rolleyes:

Every single "ladyboy" I met in Thailand referred to themselves as that and a number of the shows have the term "ladyboy" either in the title or in the description. The bars and surrounding streets in Patong and Chaweng are not the places for subtlety and political correctness.

Really? I thought we were mocking Cobbler.

Well, even if he did, hypothetically speaking, have some kind of an interaction with a transsexual, why would that be cause for mocking? There are plenty of people into that, and I don't really see it as abnormal or deviant in any way.

For some reason I've never liked Beautiful, Doomed much. Song For the Other Kurt is one of my fav and most listened to Los Camp tracks though.

Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown is in my Top 5 LC! songs, easily. The title track in my Top 10. And Song For The Other Kurt is great, too.

And Miserabilia obviously has some big fans who would count it among their best.

Ok let's just do this:

1. This Is A Flag. There Is No Wind.
2. Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #1
3. Death To Los Campesinos!
4. Don't Tell Me To Do The Maths
5. We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed
6. We Are All Accelerated Readers
7. In Media Res
8. By Your Hand
9. Straight In At 101
10. Hello Sadness

If the verses of Black Bird, Dark Slope were as good as Kim's bridge and chorus, it would easily get on here. I find it hard to divide the Youngster songs; they're all pretty damned fantastic. Could easily have put Sweet Dreams and You Me Dancing on too.

Cobbler, I spent a few months in Malaysia, and that seemed to be the official term there as well.

Well, even if he did, hypothetically speaking, have some kind of an interaction with a transsexual, why would that be cause for mocking? There are plenty of people into that, and I don't really see it as abnormal or deviant in any way.

I think it's safe to say that, judging by what we know of Cobbler from interference, he wasn't "into that" or looking for said interaction. If he was honestly like "hey guys, I wanted to see what it was like to hook up with a transsexual/transvestite/etc." I don't think he would be mocked as a deviant, certainly not by me. Obviously we tend don't make those kind of serious life confessions here but I'm just saying hypothetically.

Returning to U.S.

June 16 PLUSH, ST, LOUIS, MO (18+)
June 17 HEADLINERS MUSIC HALL, LOUISVILLE KY (18+)
June 19 THE ORANGE PEEL, ASHEVILLE NC (18+)
June 20 THE NATIONAL, RICHMOND VA (ALL AGES)
June 21 MAXWELL'S, HOBOKEN NJ (ALL AGES)
June 22 LE POISSON ROUGE, NEW YORK NY (ALL AGES)
June 23 BROOKLYN BOWL, BROOKLYN NY (21+)
June 24 BRILLOBOX, PITTSBURGH PA (21+)
June 26 OTTOBAR, BALTIMORE MD (ALL AGES)
June 27 CAT'S CRADLE, CARRBORO NC (ALL AGES)
June 28 MASQUERADE, ATLANTA GA (ALL AGES)
June 29 BEACHMAN THEATRE, ORLANDO FL (ALL AGES)
June 30 BARDOT, MIAMI FL (21+)

Back
Top Bottom