Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a bit of an oddity. It sounds as if Kim is on lead vocals (I can't even hear Gareth at all), but she's so low in the mix it's like a ghost is singing it.

A shame, because the tune is quite nice; the drums in particular remind me of material on New Order's Technique (the non-dance songs, at least).

Hmm, not sold on that. you're right, the tune is good, but distinctive vocals is part of the reason I love Los Camp! so, and they're buried right down.

Unless it's not 7pm yet, wherever they're running it from. I'm going to sleep, if someone happens to grab one for me I'll pay you right back tomorrow!

tumblr_nf5bfteEEW1rife69o1_1280.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/los-campesinos/when-christmas-comes

1. When Christmas Comes
2. A Doe To A Deer
3. The Holly & The Ivy
4. Kindle A Flame In Her Heart
5. The Trains Don’t Run (It’s Christmas Day)
6. Lonely This Christmas

I'm trying to pre-order from the site but can't see an add to basket link or anything?! US/UK only?

Kindle A Flame... is previously released. Have had that one for years.

EDIT: I imported it into iTunes in April 2011.

Danny, I got a shipping notice from Amazon last night. You should be good.

Got mine - Amazon ordered - last night. Haven't played it yet, but will correct this tonight.

Just noticed that the live album A Good Night For A Fistfight is available on Bandcamp for "name your own price," so I can finally get this in CD quality.

A Good Night For A Fistfight (Live At Islington Assembly Hall) | Los Campesinos!

I seem to remember this was supposed to come on a bonus CD with their last album? I don't think that CD ever materialized? At least my vinyl copy didn't come with one.

I think it was just a digital code in the end. I also didn't get the CD with the record.

This is such a great show. I really like this live version of You! Me! Dancing!

According to their Twitter, they are off to Portugal to record a new album.

Fuck yeah.

Back
Top Bottom