Lana Del Rey - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Lana Del Rey to play Saturday Night Live « Consequence of Sound

Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #32
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:52 PM
SNL already? Without even an official album or single release? Wow. Whoever came up with the marketing scheme for her deserves a raise.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #33
Babyface

Local Time: 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootomic View Post
SNL already? Without even an official album or single release? Wow. Whoever came up with the marketing scheme for her deserves a raise.
I thought she was one big marketing scheme?

anyways I like her two singles so far
Old 01-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Lana Del Rey may only have two great songs thus far, but that's two more than Foster The People, Katy Perry, Michael Bublé and Maroon 5 have had....all of whom have appeared on SNL this season.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #35
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Lana Del Rey may only have two great songs thus far, but that's two more than Foster The People, Katy Perry, Michael Bublé and Maroon 5 have had....all of whom have appeared on SNL this season.
Whatever you think of the quality of their music, at least those artists had actually released albums and sold records before they got their SNL slot. This booking, on the other hand, is based entirely on internet hype generated by a marketing team. The girl may be talented but it just seems like too much too soon. It's just not a natural progression. Yes, tons of people are still leaping on her bandwagon but at the same time I've already seen comments on Twitter and articles like the one linked below calling her overrated and overhyped. I can't think of another artist getting that kind of reaction before their album is even released. I think she's going sell well this year but I'm not sure it's going to translate into long term success.

Lana Del Rey: 2012's zero-talent star | Stuff.co.nz
Old 01-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Cool article.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Whatever you think of the quality of their music, at least those artists had actually released albums and sold records before they got their SNL slot. This booking, on the other hand, is based entirely on internet hype generated by a marketing team. The girl may be talented but it just seems like too much too soon. It's just not a natural progression. Yes, tons of people are still leaping on her bandwagon but at the same time I've already seen comments on Twitter and articles like the one linked below calling her overrated and overhyped. I can't think of another artist getting that kind of reaction before their album is even released. I think she's going sell well this year but I'm not sure it's going to translate into long term success.

Lana Del Rey: 2012's zero-talent star | Stuff.co.nz

As much as I rag on her for being fake, that's quite possibly the most poorly written article I've ever slogged through. How many 'probably's, 'maybe's, and 'I bet's were in that piece of vomit? And to equate Adele's legitimacy to the fact that she's not thin? That guy should probably work on his own craft before trashing someone else's.

And as far as her being on SNL, how many times have you seen someone on there that you had no idea who they were? I hardly think it's that big a deal that they're having her on. You're kidding yourself if you don't think a marketing team had a huge hand in getting every other musical guest on
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, they had Jessie J on SNL last year, and she's never had a hit song in the States and is infinitely more well-known in the UK.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #40
45:33

Local Time: 03:52 PM
I stopped reading that article after saying he voted for Somebody I Used To Know. Idiot obviously only listens to mainstream radio and has somehow stumbled across Lana Del Ray and felt uncomfortable at listening to something outside the comfort zone.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
that guy has a tendency to not be far off the mark, but always manages to come across as the biggest prick, meaning you actively try to disagree with him.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #42
Acrobat

I agree that he went over the top with the criticism. He also went over the top trashing Adele a few weeks ago (Someone like Adele | Stuff.co.nz) so maybe he just doesn't like young female singers.

But the reason I linked that article was not because I think he's right. It was as an example to show that negative articles are already starting to come out before the Lana Del Rey album is even released. Normally a performer actually becomes a star before they start to see a backlash.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
But the reason I linked that article was not because I think he's right. It was as an example to show that negative articles are already starting to come out before the Lana Del Rey album is even released. Normally a performer actually becomes a star before they start to see a backlash.
There's nothing new in that article that hasn't been said 6 months ago (though I'm sure the writer thinks he's one of the Hardy Boys). Ever since she released that first single she's been getting the same treatment
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:52 AM
I really like Video Games, Born to Die less so. I'll be curious to listen to her album when it comes out, though her voice sounds like it could somewhat grate over the stretch of an album unless she changes her singing styles a bit.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The best part of the article was the insinuation that there is no melody in "Vidja Games."