Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I missed him in Abq, too, this week--we had bad weather. I really wanted to see him but with both the weather and the venue sucking, I passed. Haven't picked up The Shepherd's Dog yet but it's on my list.

I'll get to it, I promise! It's been a crazy year. I've had to be all grown up and responsible and stuff. I hate it. :grumpy:

inmyplace13 said:
December 11, 2007 - La Zona Rosa - Austin, TX

Lovesong of the Buzzard
On Your Wings
Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car
Peace Beneath the City
Innocent Bones
Upward Over the Mountain
Carousel
Cinder and Smoke
House by the Sea
The Devil Never Sleeps
White Tooth Man
Boy with a Coin
Sodom, South Georgia
Woman King
Wolves
Resurrection Fern
Flightless Bird, American Mouth

Encore:
History of Lovers

Fantastic show. The evolution of each of those songs live is wonderful. I can't believe this thread only has two pages.

That looks to be pretty much the same set he played in Oakland, except he did Trapeze Swinger for the encore (it's incredible how moving a simple song can be...). I totally agree about the evolution of the songs. Sodom, South Georgia has always been one of my favorites of his, and the new arrangement is just beautiful.

I'm just checking out this band and this album for the first time, and I seriously like it! Might crack my Best Of list for 2007.

Guess I just missed 'em a couple weeks ago in Seattle -- oh well.

It's remarkable that this thread only got to three pages.

The B&C crew can be so disappointing.

It really is a gorgeous album. And this thread showing up out of nowhere gave me reason to spin it for the first time in a while.

Boy With A Coin FTW.

Also, I've always thought that Sam's voice sounds eerily similar to Sufjan Stevens on a number of tracks. I don't know what this observation means but I thought I'd share it with y'all.

Has anyone heard the new single? I picked this up on Record Store Day and am greatly intrigued by the direction.

YouTube - Iron & Wine - Walking Far From Home

The new album, Kiss Each Other Clean, is due on January 25. The Shepherd's Dog was one of my favorite albums of the last decade, so I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm disappointed this hasn't leaked yet. January 25 is coming up fast.

Hoping that this new one is good, as I'm probably one great album away from being a huge fan of this guy. I love Creek Drank The Cradle and Our Endless Numbered Days is good too. Haven't heard Shepherd's Dog yet.

I'm disappointed this hasn't leaked yet. January 25 is coming up fast.

Hoping that this new one is good, as I'm probably one great album away from being a huge fan of this guy. I love Creek Drank The Cradle and Our Endless Numbered Days is good too. Haven't heard Shepherd's Dog yet.

Shepherd's Dog will be that great album that you need. I highly, highly recommend it. In fact, I have a track from it on my Desert Island list.

Eh, I can wait a few more weeks. I'm going to do the first-listen-on-wax thing for this one. Cool idea though.

I caved and listened to about half of it. He sounds as though he smoked about a pound of mother nature before the show. :happy:

Holy flip, it comes out tomorrow! I mean, in January.

Listening to the previews on Amazon—I think I like their other albums more, but this should be interesting...

I'm totally bumping that so that there are two Iron & Wine threads on the first page.

Not really.

But, he's on Conan tonight.

So they were merged, but we're keeping the name of an album that came out four years ago up there? Hokay.

Well lookie there. The Gaf Man is absolutely correct.

In other news, I'm excited about hearing the new album tomorrow. Surprise, surprise.

Sorry, Imps. I just went back a page, and apparently shouldn't have scrolled from the bottom up. That gets me in trouble with the ladies too, or something.

I keep meaning to check out more of Iron & Wine's music... I have a smattering of their tracks, some I love (Woman King, Boy With A Coin, Peace Beneath the City), others I'm a bit "meh" about (including the recent You Tube clips in this thread, alas, although that was only based on one listen). Should I maybe dig further back in their catalogue?

I keep meaning to check out more of Iron & Wine's music... I have a smattering of their tracks, some I love (Woman King, Boy With A Coin, Peace Beneath the City), others I'm a bit "meh" about (including the recent You Tube clips in this thread, alas, although that was only based on one listen). Should I maybe dig further back in their catalogue?

Personally, I think that just about everything that he has done is gold. If you look into his discography, I would start at the beginning (The Creek Drank the Cradle) and work forward, as he seems to be following a specific trajectory.

Back
Top Bottom