Iron & Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
I figured this album should get its own thread.

For those interested, it has supposedly leaked. The official release date is January 25th.

Ugh, this and Cut Copy on the same day? I'm just gonna go have a cold one in the rain or something.

I'm going to hold off until the release date, but I've been impressed with "Walking Far from Home" and "Tree by the River." This is probably my most anticipated release of the year, assuming that Radiohead does not do anything.

Anyone who gives it a listen, let me know what you think.

the local rag described the final track as a "long, slow, rhythmic finish that echoes the epic grandeur of Eclipse from Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon". i think Eclipse is the best "closer" i've ever heard so i will listen to this album based on that alone.

This album is brilliant. I consider the '70s my favorite decade of music, so I nerded my way through KEOC's 43 minutes, drinking in the sounds of Herbie Hancock, Steely Dan, Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac and Hissing Fauna era Joni Mitchell, all run through the Sam Beam filter. I don't think I could name a favorite track, as they all feel subservient to the whole at this point, but Tree By The River is pretty damn beautiful.

Anyone who could write this AND Creek Drank The Cradle is OK by me.

Hahaha, it's pretty late here.

"Hissing Fauna-era Joni" would probably be a description applied to her paintings at this point, not her music. :(

This album is brilliant. I consider the '70s my favorite decade of music, so I nerded my way through KEOC's 43 minutes, drinking in the sounds of Herbie Hancock, Steely Dan, Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac and Hissing Fauna era Joni Mitchell, all run through the Sam Beam filter. I don't think I could name a favorite track, as they all feel subservient to the whole at this point, but Tree By The River is pretty damn beautiful.

Anyone who could write this AND Creek Drank The Cradle is OK by me.

Sounds as though I have good reason to be excited. Have you listened to Shepherd's Dog yet?

Stream the album here,gang. This is a good opportunity for you to listen to it one time and review it anyway.

I was just about to post that link. I don't want to be preemptive with album of the year nominations, but this will be deserving of consideration, I think. Beam's sonic development has been nothing short of astounding.

The subtleties really stand out to me on this album: the gentle piano flourishes, the multi-tracked vocals, the marimbas...everything functions beautifully.

Stream the album here,gang. This is a good opportunity for you to listen to it one time and review it anyway.

Anyone who gives it a listen, let me know what you think.

My bad.

Friggin
2v7w5mf.jpg

meh, I can understand and appreciate his progression as an artist with each new album but this new one does not do a thing for me...

I would like to have seen at least one or two tracks that harken back to Creek Drank The Cradle or Endless Numbered Days...

Amazon has yet to deliver my copy, but from my memory of the stream it seemed that a few songs retained the basic structure and feeling of his early work. "Godless Brother in Love" was one of them.

I dunno, I don't totally hate it or anything and I get what he's doing - it does feel like a natural progression but I think it's too much of a leap "forward" for me.

I'm going to give it a couple of more spins before I completely write it off though.

I thought Canada was supposed to be America's wussy, progressive little brother? Guess it's just wussy.

(Glad to have you back, elfa. Honest.)

I really like the production in this album.

The whole thing is a really nice listen and a fantastic sonic progression from The Shepherd's Dog, as IY pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom