If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what you're afraid of. I know why you choose to have your little group therapy sessions in broad daylight.

...Hi.

I do agree with the general argument of "bringing these guys back" though, at least the established classic guys like Lennon or Hendrix... they'd be less appreciated because they went out at their peaks. Guys still grasping at their potential like Ian Curtis and even someone like Tupac Shakur (to venture into another genre) are immune to that kind of argument, I think, because they achieved that sort of deification after death, you know?

I'm sorry the guy's dead and all, but nothing makes me change the radio station quicker than a Sublime song coming on.

Keith Richards.

I'm convinced the guy's immortal...

RasAlGhul.jpg

keithrichards460.jpg

I can see a resemblance there.

I'm sorry the guy's dead and all, but nothing makes me change the radio station quicker than a Sublime song coming on.

Don't forget 311.

I would say Joe Strummer, but I've seen enough movies to know that nothing good comes from raising the dead. Watching Joe eat Mick Jones on stage really isn't how I want to remember him.

Because their music sucks.

But seriously, folks.

I don't know why I can't stand them. Their songs have always just turned me off in a big way.

Well, thinking about it, if you only hear what's played on the radio - Santeria and Two Joints and Date Rape....ok, I understand that. Those songs suck. but FYI - they're one of those bands who really do have great tunes, but you do sorta need to find them.

I'll take your word for it, Beav. If a lot of their songs have that reggae/laid back kind of groove, though, it's just not my thing.

Bob Marley is enough reggae for me, and I only like him in small doses.

And please, anyone, don't come and gawk at me for daring to mention Bob Marley instead of insert-your-favorite-reggae-artists-here-because-they're-so-much-better-than-Marley, because reggae really isn't my thing.

Which is why I listed Bob Marley. :wink:

Oh, we probably don't need him. Another Marley child seems to come along every few years to bring on some new music.

I did actually quite like Damian Marley opening for U2, more than I was expecting. There are two of his songs on his last album that I like a lot.

Or the Big Bopper! Or Buddy Holly or Richie Valens! What, no plane crash survivors get to come back? Not even Otis motherfucking Redding?

We did get Stevie Ray Vaughan, but he was in a helicopter crash, so I guess it's different.

I say that'd make a kick-ass sequel to their original Ocean's Eleven

We could call it Ocean's 11: The Search For Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains

Or Ocean's Z, although the "Z" is too close to the "zz" sound of the first word, and it doesn't flow very gracefully off the tongue.

Just had a look at the results so far, John Lennon in third, Elvis Presley is second and John Bonham from Led Zepp has the most votes at the moment.

I would've thought John Lennon would win this no problem? Freddie Mercury is in forth place, Hendrix is in fifth and Kurt Cobain in sixth.

Back
Top Bottom