Favourite Moments in Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is absolutely fantastic, but if I had to choose a favorite Beach House moment, it would be the outro of Lover of Mine as outlined in my location.

You know that part in YYY's "Zero" where Karen sings "crying, crying, crying, oh oh," right? Well the coo she lets out after the first and third instances.

Thank ya, I haven't listened to this album in too long, gave it a spin today :love:

This has become my favorite Shearwater song, because it pretty much covers everything I like about the band in 5 minutes. Meiburg sings the entire second verse in his "normal" voice, which is fairly uncommon for him. The moment where he flips from his normal voice back to falsetto around 2:10 always blows me away.

Shearwater - The Snow Leopard - YouTube

As a side note, the song was just as stunning live. Blew me away that Meiburg was able to hit every note without looking like he was straining.

I can't watch the video in my country. :sad: Racists.

So I searched another one. Yeah the final part of that song is beautiful. Nice guitar sounds.

Time to resurrect this thread already. I listened to (part of) The King of Limbs for the first time in a long while yesterday. The second half is still amazing with Codex being the highlight. The part that starts at about 02:15 makes me want to cry each time. I also found the following video which fits the song perfectly. You should watch the whole thing.

Radiohead - Codex - YouTube

Codex is superb. I kind of wish they'd played it instead of Pyramid Song the second night I saw them, but then again, I got to hear Pyramid Song twice so I can't really complain.

The crowd was fucking terrible during Codex at my show. Just a bunch of drunk slobs who couldn't handle a little downtime.

Yeah I love the song but I didn't mind missing it live. The added studio effects and the horns are essential to the song. It's a bit like Pyramid Song. I loved it but the second verse missed that extra the punch that the studio version has.

0:30:

The Dismemberment Plan - "The Face of the Earth" - YouTube

There are certain songs that make you feel weightless. This is one of them.

Yes. And I really love that little bass part that comes right before this moment.

Speaking of D-Plan and Plans specifically, my favorite moment on the album, and perhaps from the whole band is after the final (proper) line of the whole thing is sung, and Morrison plays that little bubbly keyboard part.

It's not super clear on the YouTube audio, but it gives me that same feeling you're talking about (4:17).

The Dismemberment Plan - Ellen and Ben - YouTube

I'm just picturing the description in my head, and I'm quite sure I know what part you're talking about, and yeah, it's awesome.

After all these years, "You Are Invited" is still easily my favorite Dismemberment Plan song.

This is exactly what someone who was bullied and frequently excluded in high school would say.

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT.

18459-24542.jpg

That arpeggio riff at the end of Pink Floyd's Echoes (around 18:12-18:43).

The little wah wah ending solo on the Royal Albert Hall 1969 version of Hendrix Little Wing.

All of the R.E.M. talk today got me thinking how much I love 2:15-2:25 of "Begin The Begin". Basically the key shift of the organ during the middle 8. Gets me every time.

That arpeggio riff at the end of Pink Floyd's Echoes (around 18:12-18:43)

There's another five or so minutes after that part, but yes, that's one of my favourite moments in any song ever. Life-affirming.

You guys got me thinking about how awesome that part of Echoes is. Now I have put Meddle in my car CD wallet after a long time! Well done. :wink:

All of the R.E.M. talk today got me thinking how much I love 2:15-2:25 of "Begin The Begin". Basically the key shift of the organ during the middle 8. Gets me every time.

Lifes Rich Pageant really is a fantastic album, isn't it?! Maybe their best one from the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom