Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Yeah, he's the one who puts together the entire arrangement. THE DOO!'s Mind Raft EP shows that there are other more than capable songwriters in the band, but Dave is the straw that stirs the drink in Dirty Projectors.

GAF, you can see in the early going of this thread the complete 180 I did on this band. It's worth seeing if the same happens to you. If you wind up loving Bitte Orca (and possibly past works) as much as I do, it'll definitely be worth the trouble.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #257
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:42 AM
I don't think Stillness is the only catchy song on the album though. That point should be made.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

I'm in luv with Stillness Is The Move. Listening to it right now for the fourth time in the last like 25 minutes. Isn't life under the sun just some crazy, crazy dream? Who does this girl sound like, by the way? She sounds a lot like another female vocalist that I'm familiar with. It'll probably come to me eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
The "band" is pretty much just him in reality. Other than the girls singing and playing the parts he told them to sing and play, no one else really contributes. He IS Dirty Projectors. Honestly, he's the only reason I like the band.
Hmmm. Do you like Stillness Is The Move? Because the song seems to be all about that girl's fantastic vocal performance/delivery. So it seems a bit strange to say that the dude is the only thing you like about the band if this girl is the centerpiece of their big single and the one absolutely slaying shit on the track. Unless you just don't like that song. Does the dude sing lead on most of the other songs or something? You've got me all confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Yeah, he's the one who puts together the entire arrangement. THE DOO!'s Mind Raft EP shows that there are other more than capable songwriters in the band, but Dave is the straw that stirs the drink in Dirty Projectors.

GAF, you can see in the early going of this thread the complete 180 I did on this band. It's worth seeing if the same happens to you. If you wind up loving Bitte Orca (and possibly past works) as much as I do, it'll definitely be worth the trouble.
Yeah, I think I'll give the album a try sometime soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #259
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Hmmm. Do you like Stillness Is The Move? Because the song seems to be all about that girl's fantastic vocal performance/delivery. So it seems a bit strange to say that the dude is the only thing you like about the band if this girl is the centerpiece of their big single and the one absolutely slaying shit on the track. Unless you just don't like that song. Does the dude sing lead on most of the other songs or something? You've got me all confused.
He sings lead on most of the songs, he writes all the music, melodies, and lyrics. I think that's what he means.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier

YouTube - Dirty Projectors - Cannibal Resource
Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

As great as "Stillness" and "Two Doves" are, I prefer the crazy stuff the girls do as background singers. There really isn't much else like it.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Alright, so I just read the first few pages of this god-forgotten thread and it was fun reading all of your guys comments and shizz. Impy, I saw what you were talking about with the 180. It all happened on the first page! Nice. And my question, mofo, about whether or not you like Stillness Is The Move was answered for me as you labeled it "fantastic." I knew you were smart all along.

But here's the kicker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
This is awesome, but once it hits 2:22, it gets even awesomer.
Jesus Christ, this girl needs to go solo. Someone give her a record deal of her own. Seriously. I know it's her big featured song and all, but she clearly has the most stage presence of the lot. And that voice? Good lord. This girl is a solo pop star waiting to happen. Fuck the relative anonymity of being a lonely hipster's indie rock crush and being plastered all over Pitchfork. Let's get this girl in the studio with Kelly and Britney's songwriters and get her on MTV and the radio. She'll never truly make it big as long as she sticks with that weirdo Longstreth dude.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The 2:22 in question was actually about the onlooking love of my life jamming away.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #264
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
He sings lead on most of the songs, he writes all the music, melodies, and lyrics. I think that's what he means.
Bingo. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Stillness is the Move. Peefer hit the nail on the head though, I was saying that the song (or anything Dirty Projectors related) wouldn't even exist without him.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #265
Blue Meth Addict

Pitchfork: Dirty Projectors Release Free Single

Two new tracks.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Odd. I didn't realize the EP never came out, as it leaked long ago, and I wasn't about to import it. I just might pick up that 7" though, seeing as "Ascending Melody" is my favorite thing they've done since "Useful Chamber."
Old 01-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #267
Blue Meth Addict

I haven't heard them yet, I'll have to dl it tonight when I'm home.

I've been meaning to listen to the album more, I like it, but not nearly as much as everyone else here seemed to. Thinking I need to get better acquainted.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #268
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebloodonelife View Post
Odd. I didn't realize the EP never came out, as it leaked long ago, and I wasn't about to import it.
Yeah, how did it leak if it didn't come out? I got these a few weeks or a month ago. Weird.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'd be creeped out by the single's artwork if I hadn't already been subjected to Nerdy Erectors.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #270
Blue Meth Addict

I've submitted my email twice for the download, and still have received jack squat. Those Dirty Rejectors.

Tags
dirty projectors