Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BRAT (the depechemode.com webmaster) already confirmed that the leaked version of "Fragile Tension" is a demo.

OK, so I what I said about BRAT confirming a demo might not be true. Someone said on another board that he had but then several posts later, the same person said that it's not a demo but a poor quality leak. Sorry to confuse anyone or give false info.

It might be expensive, but for that much material, I'll bet it's worth it.

Why can't U2's deluxe set be like that?

As for the song, damn, it sounds like something straight out of Songs Of Faith And Devotion.

If I were to say that the best singles band since The Beatles was Depeche Mode, I would be 1000% right. No shit.

Which compilations? The ones that cover certain years, each? I also saw a huge thing called Singles Box Vol 1, Vol 2, etc.....

Those boxes are fucking brilliant, but that's not what was mentioned. There are two compilations which were released in the late '90s: The Singles: 86>98 and The Singles: 81>85. Phanan is correct in calling them out. With literally no exception whatsoever, they are the two best singles collections ever to have been released. I don't even remotely think that DM is the best band ever, or something, but their singles are overwhelmingly virtuosic. Nearly every one of them is perfect. The collections are almost a chore to listen to, at times, because it's impossible to keep going--you always have to go back and replay something, or skip ahead to something else, because there's just that much that you feel you have to hear. Fantastic.

Those boxes are fucking brilliant, but that's not what was mentioned. There are two compilations which were released in the late '90s: The Singles: 86>98 and The Singles: 81>85. Phanan is correct in calling them out. With literally no exception whatsoever, they are the two best singles collections ever to have been released.

The 81-85 set is especially compelling for this reason: everything on there sounds terribly dated, yet the songs, as you say, keep calling you back for another listen. I guess you could call that strong song craftsmanship.

Back
Top Bottom