Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2 - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #826
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:00 AM
have [disgustingly expensive GA] tickets when they hit auckland in november. actually pretty pumped about it.

didn't know they were football stadium famous here, but i love stadium gigs, so i'm in.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #827
War Child

Local Time: 06:00 PM
So they'll start their next leg of the tour in Dallas on Friday.

Anybody going to the Tampa or Miami shows?

I hope they don't cancel the Tampa show again like they did in 2009, I am expecting an apology from them to be released live.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #828
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Why would they cancel a show a week before it's scheduled?

I'm going to Tampa...
Old 06-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #829
ONE
love, blood, life

I had seen somewhere that they cancelled the Tampa show in 2009 due to medical reasons. Shame they didn't reschedule it.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #830
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Why would they cancel a show a week before it's scheduled?
They canceled Tampa's at Ford Amphitheater 2 days before the schedule date, leaving hundreds of fans who flew all the way from California and even from other countries sucking illusionary lollipops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
I had seen somewhere that they cancelled the Tampa show in 2009 due to medical reasons. Shame they didn't reschedule it.
That was their reason, something regarding that Chris was ill, however, there were rumors that Will Champion, Guy and Jonny were at U2's gigs in London and Glasgow which took place on August 14th, 15th and 18th respectively.

I don't buy into Chris's illness, canceling Tampa's gig was mainly due to seeing U2's concerts at their homeland. Club-level suites, Moet & Chandon and a great view cannot equalize the benefit of playing two hours in Tampa.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #831
The Male

Local Time: 02:00 PM
2 hours? lol

If U2 and Coldplay were on at the same time, Coldplay could probably finish up and see an encore or two.

Now.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 AM   #832
ONE
love, blood, life

Well I bought my tickets last night. Nosebleeds, but can't miss yet another opportunity to see em.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #833
45:33

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Did you end up seeing RHCP 7? They're supposedly touring here soon but I'm not really interested without Frusciante, even if their latest was leagues ahead of Stadium Shitcadium.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #834
ONE
love, blood, life

Saw em in Tampa as well. I'm gonna probably end up sitting in nearly the same seats for Coldplay.

RHCP was easily the least impressive of my favorite bands, but still decent.

Interesting tidbit: starting with U2 on June 29th, 2011 I told myself I wanted to see my top 6 bands in a year because outside of those 6 bands my favoritism drops off quite a bit.

Now on June 28th, 2012 I will see that 6th band. Exactly one year, mission success (U2-blink 182-The Killers-Airborne Toxic Event-Red Hot Chili Peppers-Coldplay).
Old 06-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #835
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
2 hours? lol

If U2 and Coldplay were on at the same time, Coldplay could probably finish up and see an encore or two.
Yeah, based on the European stadium tour they're only playing 90-100 minute static sets (which I don't mind because the set they're playing is good enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
They canceled Tampa's at Ford Amphitheater 2 days before the schedule date, leaving hundreds of fans who flew all the way from California and even from other countries sucking illusionary lollipops.

That was their reason, something regarding that Chris was ill, however, there were rumors that Will Champion, Guy and Jonny were at U2's gigs in London and Glasgow which took place on August 14th, 15th and 18th respectively.

I don't buy into Chris's illness, canceling Tampa's gig was mainly due to seeing U2's concerts at their homeland. Club-level suites, Moet & Chandon and a great view cannot equalize the benefit of playing two hours in Tampa.
I buy it, but at the same time I don't. They should have cancelled, or postponed it months beforehand if they were going to see U2 in the UK. The U2 shows weren't announced until March of the same year, that show in Tampa was announced way before that from what I remember.

Well, I really doubt they're going to cancel the Tampa show this time around.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #836
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
2 hours? lol

Heh, you're right about that man... CP's gigs barely last 90 minutes.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #837
ONE
love, blood, life

Well I was glowin' in the dark tonight with Coldplay...

pretty awesome show, even for an arena show with no GA and having to sit in the nosebleeds. Paradise was quite the moment, and so was Fix You.

Fun note, seeing Coldplay tonight officially fulfilled the promise I made to myself with only 1 hour to spare when the show finished. I saw all 6 of my favorite bands within a year, dating back to U2 in Miami on June 29th, 2011.

Brought home two goodies from the show:

Coldplay - "The Scientist" (Live) at Tampa Times Forum 6/28/2012 - YouTube

Coldplay - "Paradise" (Live) at Tampa Times Forum 6/28/2012 - YouTube
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #838
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh and naturally we got the only Xylobands that didn't work. Was upset about that for about 10 minutes, and then I realized that I didn't care because the enjoyment of the Xylobands is the fact that everyone else is wearing them and the crowd lights up.

I tried to get another one and it too was fucked up. It wasn't connected to the receiver... but there's a catch to that! It's one of the very few Xylobands that didn't turn off at the end of the show (and stayed lit through the whole show).

I'm gonna wear it to class tomorrow until it dies
Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #839
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Glad you had a good time! Thanks for the clips, too, will give them a listen shortly.

42 days to go until the show I'm seeing .

Edit: Aw, shame about the Xylo bands. Glad you found one that worked somewhat, though.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #840
ONE
love, blood, life

Glad you had a great time at the show, LN! If I saved money, I would have been in Miami, watching their show at the AmericanAirlines Arena tonight. Exactly 1 year since I saw U2 live in Miami.

There goes the 4th concert I regret not going to in my lifetime - joining the list of Paul McCartney, RUSH and The Rolling Stones.

Hopefully they'll come down here when they tour Latin America next year (if they even consider).