Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2 - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
Artists or bands don't work for free, as I stated, almost all of their cash comes from touring than from album sales.
One of my favorite artists doesn't tour ever. Because he couldn't make enough money to live as an artist. He has to work on his albums between running a trucking business and providing for his family. Thanks to the advent of illegal download. I'm not going to say I don't because I do. But not all artists can tour. That is why I buy all of that artist's material always.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #257
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
It's in their nature.
You're not helping.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #258
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You're not helping.
Not my fault I put up a perfectly fine argument, got chucked into an unnecessary grouping, and then got called out for 'thinking that my post is the center of the discussion' after y'know... I was only responding to those who responded to me.

Seriously, I don't get what the hell is up. What'd I do to get that kind of reaction? Hmm?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #259
45:33

I just don't get why you argue about semantics. Both this and the "14 songs" argument aren't worth giving more than two seconds of thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen

C'mon, cobbler.
Sorry, diemen. He's being a bit of a dick though. Maybe he spends a lot of money on his car; I'd call that stupid, because it's not my hobby - buying good music is.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #260
The Male

For the record, I too consider purchasing digital files to be a waste of money. If I'm going to purchase an album, I want to purchase the entire experience of unwrapping the cellophane, examining the cover art, and so on. I don't feel as if I really "own" an album if it's a collection of files on my computer, regardless of the money exchanged. Digital music files have only a utilitarian purpose, offering the listener the music but little else. As a result, MP3s are cheaper than physical albums, but you are basically throwing your money away unless you purchased the vinyl, in which case the digital files may not be available to you. Personally, I wouldn't feel guilty downloading the album if I've already purchased it, but hey.

Now.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #261
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Not my fault I put up a perfectly fine argument, got chucked into an unnecessary grouping, and then got called out for 'thinking that my post is the center of the discussion' after y'know... I was only responding to those who responded to me.

Seriously, I don't get what the hell is up. What'd I do to get that kind of reaction? Hmm?
You just have an amazing skill at getting bogged down in arguments that are either trivial or off-topic or both.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #262
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You just have an amazing skill at getting bogged down in arguments that are either trivial or off-topic or both.
Look I'm sorry that something like that happened. The last thing I want to do is sit here and argue with people. I didn't start that discussion, I was just a part of it. But I don't have control over other people misreading the thread and responding to me as though I said something I didn't. And I also have no control over other's snide responses. That's the point where something really changes from discussion to an argument/fight.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #263
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I just don't get why you argue about semantics. Both this and the "14 songs" argument aren't worth giving more than two seconds of thought too.
Well they're my points. If you don't agree it's okay to just leave it at that. Perhaps I might not have the best of abilities of saying things the way I'd like to say them. But it takes two (and in this case... like... 5) to tango.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #264
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
it's just the decision of buying that is stupid.
Your posts are so often very frustrating, they are just dripping with uniformed arrogance.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #265
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver

Time lost arguing with LuckyNumber7 winds up in the same place as missing socks.

Now.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #266
War Child

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Sorry, diemen. He's being a bit of a dick though. Maybe he spends a lot of money on his car; I'd call that stupid, because it's not my hobby - buying good music is.
Did you get to $68K per year already?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #267
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey guys, I figured out who's actually buying music on iTunes!

It's the people who aren't downloading it illegally.

There. Question answered.

And because the answer is so obvious, that's why I called it a stupid question. No one is saying that more people aren't downloading illegally these days - of course it is. We all know that. But obviously, not everyone is, otherwise the iTunes music store would be gathering cobwebs.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Time lost arguing with LuckyNumber7 winds up in the same place as missing socks.
Oh whatever. Would it kill you to try and lose the offensive attitude?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #269
The Male

It just might. Would you like to the take the discussion in that direction? Concerted efforts toward improving social interaction may have a very significant impact on health and well-being. Then again, they may not.

Now.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life

Only as willing as you are.