Civil Twilight - Holy Weather - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:35 PM
Thumbs Up Civil Twilight - Holy Weather

Civil Twilight's new album "Holy Weather" just dropped on iTunes earlier tonight. Just finished my 2nd listen through. Love it! Awesome sophmore effort from this South African band! If you haven't heard of Civil Twilight before, and I know most haven't, they definitely have a strong U2 influence. Check out the Holy Weather track previews in iTunes. iTunes - Music - Holy Weather by Civil Twilight

and be sure to listen to the preview for track 11 Doorway. Tell me the lead singer Steven McKeller's voice doesn't sound a bit like Bono!

$7.99 for the iTunes version with 3 bonus tracks is a great deal! I pre-ordered early and got a 4th bonus track.

Two months ago I didn't know this band even existed. I came across their debut cd on Spotify and was hooked. I don't think this band will be flying under the radar much longer. Better make sure I see them in small venues while I still can.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Acrobat

Here's the Spotify link to Holy Weather
Holy Weather by Civil Twilight on Spotify

Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thanks for the heads-up on the new record. I've got their first album, and it's got some beautiful stuff on it. Really digging Fire Escape, which has gotten decent airplay on SiriusXM's AltNation. Definitely going to check out Holy Weather.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlandGirl View Post
Thanks for the heads-up on the new record. I've got their first album, and it's got some beautiful stuff on it. Really digging Fire Escape, which has gotten decent airplay on SiriusXM's AltNation. Definitely going to check out Holy Weather.
AOL Spinner is having a Holy Weather listening party today. They're streaming the entire cd at Play Full Music Albums Free - Spinner

I'm looking forward to see them live. I thought I saw a Tucson date sometime next month. Hoping they'll play someplace a little closer to home, like Marquee Theater.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:35 PM
I just got the special package: vinyl, tshirt and digital downloads. Very excited for these guys! They are so great live! Not to be missed.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 05:35 PM
I really liked their debut album and was eagerly awaiting Holy Weather, especially after they released 'Fire Escape' as the first single. While I thought some of the songs on their first album were a little too unfocused/meandering, Holy Weather is much tighter. I really like this album so far after a few listens.

Would love to see these guys live.