Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet: Happy 25th Anniversary !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi all! :wave:

Today (18 August) is the 25th anniversary of a classic album: Slippery When Wet :up:

Not only Bon Jovi's most succesful album to date (more than 28 million copies worldwide, making it the #21 best seller album of all times) but one of the greatest, biggest hard rock albums ever :rockon:

At the time the album spent 8 weeks #1 on Billboard Top 200 :camera:

Share your memories about this great album! :up:

Happy anniversary :cool:

140555_0_f.jpg
[/

there's no statute of limitations on musical crimes.

get him.

mini.gif

It was definitely one of my favs when I was a kid. I'm sure I still have the cassette tape sitting around somewhere at my parents' house.

I've always been a fan of Bon Jovi :shrug:, but until about the last year or so, I'd only heard Crush. Finally got around to the self titled, New Jersey and Slippery When Wet. When I heard SWW, I was kind of surprised by how much I didn't like it. The singles are great, obviously, if you're into Bon Jovi, but the other material was way weak. Then I hear New Jersey and I just really liked everything about it.

It was great at the time, but it dated itself very quickly. I remember even thinking that it sounded "old" around '89 or so, before grunge had even started.

I've always been a fan of Bon Jovi :shrug:, but until about the last year or so, I'd only heard Crush. Finally got around to the self titled, New Jersey and Slippery When Wet. When I heard SWW, I was kind of surprised by how much I didn't like it. The singles are great, obviously, if you're into Bon Jovi, but the other material was way weak. Then I hear New Jersey and I just really liked everything about it.

FYI ElMel, this disturbing lapse in taste may be grounds for divorce in every state besides New Jersey, and maybe Pennsylvania.

FYI ElMel, this disturbing lapse in taste may be grounds for divorce in every state besides New Jersey, and maybe Pennsylvania.

:lol: Would you believe me if I told you that at almost the same exact time I got into U2, I got into Bon Jovi. Like, I got a little obsessive about both bands, but eventually one took up more of my attention than the other and I ended up a U2 fanatic and just a mild enjoyer of Bon Jovi's.

Extreme lapses in taste, ahoy!

that thread was in b&c? :huh: haha.

i remember some thread where a bunch of us discovered that we have heard far more bon jovi songs than we previously thought. i can't remember the details because it was a horrible, traumatic experience that i've blocked out of my memory.

Back
Top Bottom