I'm alive, im being born... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:43 PM
I'm alive, im being born...

i just have to say that gives me the tingle inside..i dunno why the full verse not just the two sentences

uwwedoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Banned

Fair enough,

Last time we met was in a low lite room. That gives me a tingle.

Mullen4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:43 AM
uwwedoogie, those words are full of Hope and Promise - new life and new beginnings!

Maybe that's why they're so special to you.

I love them too!

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....
Jamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:43 AM
"she will suffer the needle chill, she's running to stand still" gives me a tingle.
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:43 PM
"this love is just a drop in the ocean" gives me shivers.

sulawesigirl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:23 AM   #6
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:43 PM
Yes... I feel like that with the entire song (Yahweh).

Also... you know the very end of With Or Without You... where Edge hits the highest note during the fade out? Ouch...
sallycinnamon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Kite - the entire song - gives me the "tingle".
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #8
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Currently, Original of the Species and Sometimes from the new record are working it for me. With Original, Bono captures the beauty, intensity, and irrationality of parental love to point a pin-prick of vocal vision at the apathy of the soul.
"I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you're not
Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it"
love, Anu
Old 05-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Tingly U2 moments..... I've got a few...

With or without you, before the final chorus, and kind of through it. It is a musical masterpeice, and like many great songs it's climax is sort of unavoidable.

Drowning Man has tremdous passion in it. It is similar to With or Without you, because it has a brooding and building atmosphere to it. "Hold on, and hold on tightly. Hold on, and hold on tightly. Rise up, rise up. With wings like eagles... you'll run, you'll run, you'll run and not grow weary. Hold on, and hold on tightly, hold on and hold on tightly to this love lasts forever."

U2's version of "Unchained Melody" holds a spot in my heart... personal reasons I assure you.

Of course, the ultimate and best, favorite moment comes from my favorite song, and often times just hearing the first string of the guitar being stroked is enough. PRIDE is my favorite song, and I can't describe what it means to me, so I won't even try. The passion sort of just electirfies out from it, and especially the final verse into the final choruse.

"They took your life. They could not take your Pride..."

Even just thinking about it...
I had "PRIDE" put on the side of my high school graduation ring

I have never heard anything like Pride, so it is sort of undisputably the best for me.
For Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
"this love is just a drop in the ocean" gives me shivers.
The first time I heard that part, I wanted to shout for joy! It made me feel really good and I didn't know why. I guess God walked through the room...
Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #11
The Male

Local Time: 10:43 AM
Pretty much all of COBL gives me tingles.

"Time...won't leave me as I am...and time won't take the boy out of this man"

"The more you know the less you feel, some pray for, others steal. Blessings are not just for the one's who kneel.... luckily"

Yahweh's last verse is tingly too:

"Take this city...a city should be shining on a hill,take this city if it be your will."

And finally, this wonderful, beautiful moment in Miracle Drug that I will not likely ever forget:

"God...I need your...help tonight....[ Edge guitar solo] Beneath the noise, below the din, I hear your voice it's whispering, in science and in medicine, 'I was a stranger YOU TOOK ME IN!'

LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Let's see. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" just takes my breath away everytime I hear it. I truly believe it's the greatest song of all time, and the fact that it is an all out praise to God and a cry for Him makes it even better. I love "Walk On" It does the same thing. I cry everytime I listen to it. "Yahweh" is amazing. "Exit" literally gives me chills. Bono has explained that it's written about a backslidden Christian, and the way his voice sounds and the music itself is just chilling. I actually feel like something evil enters the room when I hear it, and I love it because it reminds me of the danger that happens when we move away from God. Bono has said that he has "difficulty singing it live because it makes [me] feel so evil." I love U2. God Bless them, they are being used in ways greater than anything we've ever known, since Jesus walked the earth. I truly believe that. Many great men and women of God are walking the earth right now, and I love all of them, but U2 just has the anointing of God on a level that's unexplainable.
U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Amen, Usisthebest.
coemgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:56 AM   #14
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
Currently, Original of the Species and Sometimes from the new record are working it for me. With Original, Bono captures the beauty, intensity, and irrationality of parental love to point a pin-prick of vocal vision at the apathy of the soul.
"I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you're not
Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it"
love, Anu
I absolutely adore this song, as a job i work with people who have aspergers syndrome (a kind of mild autism, you may have heard of Bill Gates linked with it) and have been targeted and ridiculed by people because some individuals may appear different socially.
I have some great friends with the syndrome, some extremely sensitive, focussed caring, highly intelligent people. Working with a group they begin to see for themselves what they have got. I think of certain people a lot when i hear this song. Like the whole of Yahweh it gives me a huge welling up of emotion. I love to listen to those two songs on an isolated beach at evening time especially.
gobshite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Another one would have to be "Last Night On Earth" from POP. I've heard that it's actually about the rapture, and the girl in question is actually trying to witness for Jesus. Hence, the light around her that no one else has in the video. If you really p)ay attention, "She's not waiting on a Savior to come" sounds bad at first, but then you realize too many Christians are doing just that ignoring the world around them and just getting in their, as Bono put it, "bless-me clubs". They're just "waiting on Jesus to take us out" rather than trying to help change the world for Jesus. The next lyric "She's at the bus stop with the News of the World and The Sun (Son? perhaps) (The Gospel of Jesus, News of the World?) and the chorus (You gotta give it away) We can't just sit in our churches and tell God to touch the world, WE have to go out as the hands, feet and everything else of Jesus and help people understand. It's one of U2's most underrated, and one my favs. God Bless!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote