God Never Stops Loving...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
A friend of mine has been going through a tough time lately (and I have as well)...this person thinks that he is disappointing God all the time, that he cannot do anything right or anything to make God love him...

I myself have been searching in vain for God's own encouraging words...I know that he says many times he will not ever give up, that there is nothing we can do to make him not love us.

Can you help supply the verses where He says this or something about His love? I need this as a reminder for myself as well as for this friend...Thanks!

------------------
And in the whole half-century-long history of rock music there is a small number of bands, a number so small you could count to it without running out of fingers, who steal into your heart and become a part of how you see the world, how you tell and understand the truth, even when you're old and deaf and foolish. On your deathbed you'll hear them sing to you as you drift down the tunnel towards the light. -Salman Rushdie

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28

He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. John 14

And one of my fave psalms, Psalm 34:
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in
spirit.

foray

(((hugs Hippy's friend)))

Hippy, I feel for your friend, since so many people feel this way. It's sort of a mixed up message that is NOT Biblical! But basically, he's *right*, we can't measure up to God's perfection...which is the very reason he sent his son, Jesus, to bridge that gap for us!
smile.gif
Tell your friend to stop beating himself up -- God loves him deeply, more than you or I (or your friend) will ever know or understand. God's grace and mercy were given to us in Christ, and it's through Christ we can grab onto that free gift! Your friend need only acknowledge it, affirm it, and ACCEPT it! It's through Christ that we are made complete, our sins washed "white as snow." GUILT and brokenness are not of God!

Did you know there are 365 "fear nots" in the Bible, one for each day of the year?
smile.gif
You might want to guide your friend to this site, too, it might help to clarify some things for him: http://www.suffering.net/worry.htm

Hippy I just want you and your friend to know that I have been dealing with the same feelings of whether or not I am disappointing God. I just wanted to say that no matter what any of us do God will love of us unconditionally, but I do know where your friend is coming from.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: you hippy!

we should all be so lucky to have someone so good as you in our lives...i know i am. ((((hippy))))

Hey Disco...I just posted in the confessionals about being paranoid....and then I saw your link. I just looked there for a few seconds, but I think I'm going to bookmark it and come back to it :) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom