Bono mentioned in the Bible - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Bono mentioned in the Bible

I'm new to this section of the forum. I mostly hang out in the Tour Central part and some of you might know me from the "Vision Over Visibility" DVD-boot. It's not without a reason I gave the DVD this particular name; I'm very aware of and interested in the spiritual side of the band.

Anyway, I want to bring up something I haven't seen discussed here before: Bible Codes and it's relation to the band and especially Bono. (For those unfamiliar with it I'd suggest this site: Bible Code Digest.com - Home Page [Bible Code Digest]. I discovered some very fascinating things that pose some questions as well.

Sir Isaac Newton was convinced the Bible Code existed and spent a good deal of his life on finding it, without much success. That could well be because Daniel 12:4 reads: "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase." Could it be we've entered the time God speaks about in this verse and the book has finally been opened up now that we know of the Code and have the means (computer) to search for and fully comprehend it?

I suppose most of us know what Bono's favorite book of the Bible is: Psalms. It is in this book we find encoded the name "Paul Hewson". That in itself is something very interesting, but what makes it even more probable it was put there by an Encoder (rather than being there just by chance) is the fact the name "Bono" is directly next to it (twice). It is crossed by the words "Irish/Irishman" (3 times) and overwritten by "Catholic". Furthermore, clustered with "Bono" and "Paul Hewson" are the words "shading" and "eye". (It goes without saying our man is known for his sunglasses; anytime and anywhere.) Some more research learned this Code extends even further and reads a complete sentence: "His container Paul Hewson; strength, aura." (I couldn't agree more.)

Like I said earlier on, this Code is found in the book of Psalms. To be precise, the matrix crosses this particular verse: "With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the Lord, the King." (Psalms 98:6)

Hmm? Joyful noise? Where did we hear those words again? Ah, they're in Magnificent, arguably the most overtly Christian U2 song ever.

So, when Bono wrote: "I was born to sing for you. I didn't have a choice but to lift You up", was he aware how much truth was in that line? In other words: did Bono know what God had spelled out in scripture specificly for him to do "in this space and time"? (Does he hint at this by singing: "Only love can leave such a mark?") And is this one of the reasons his favorite book is Psalms?

BTW: here's my edit of Bono singing Magnificent:

kerrylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrylives View Post

I suppose most of us know what Bono's favorite book of the Bible is: Psalms. It is in this book we find encoded the name "Paul Hewson". That in itself is something very interesting, but what makes it even more probable it was put there by an Encoder (rather than being there just by chance) is the fact the name "Bono" is directly next to it (twice). It is crossed by the words "Irish/Irishman" (3 times) and overwritten by "Catholic". Furthermore, clustered with "Bono" and "Paul Hewson" are the words "shading" and "eye". (It goes without saying our man is known for his sunglasses; anytime and anywhere.) Some more research learned this Code extends even further and reads a complete sentence: "His container Paul Hewson; strength, aura." (I couldn't agree more.)
Are we suppose to take your word for it, or break the code ourselves? Any links?

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Are we suppose to take your word for it, or break the code ourselves? Any links?
It's the Omega Code. The folks at TBN are gonna freak.
U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 07:25 AM
I've found a link on this topic:

Exodus 2006 - Paul Hewson

I don't know if I believe this, the letters could have been picked at random, which make the words 'Bono', 'Paul Hewson', 'Irish(man)' and 'Catholic' just a coincidence. Especially 'shading' and 'eye' seem a little far fetched, because they are more scattered in the text.

But it is still interesting, though!
Bonoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 11:25 PM
I think this is really reaching. As much as I would love to believe it because I do think God is using Bono and U2 to reach people via the music, this is just a bit much to swallow. Sorry.
Ya, it's interesting what people come up with!
Jeannieco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

It's almost scary... Can this be coincidence?
nielsgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

so then.....does Bono = Jesus?
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
so then.....does Bono = Jesus?
He's God himself
nielsgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Call me a skeptic if you want, but this is fucking moronic.
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #10
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:25 PM
If you're willing to waste enough time, you can find just about anything you desire with these "Bible codes" - or "Shakespeare codes" or "Brothers Karamazov codes" or whatever you like. Doesn't mean they possess any significance.

Go on, find a code in this post. You'll find it says that U2 should play A Sort Of Homecoming in my backyard.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

or if Jesus could turn water into wine, then surely Bono could turn WOWY into RTSS or something...
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

or if Jesus could turn water into wine, then surely Bono could turn WOWY into RTSS or something...
Bono can turn Pride to Lemon.
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Don't be so negative and critical of a new poster!
Sister Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 06:25 AM
The Bible Code is an interesting topic...read the books...watch the documentaries before calling it all B.S.
Sister Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon View Post
Don't be so negative and critical of a new poster!
I don't think being "new" has anything to do with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon View Post
The Bible Code is an interesting topic...read the books...watch the documentaries before calling it all B.S.
I have and it's still BS.

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote