Angels appearing above the crowd (pic) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 03:12 PM
Angels appearing above the crowd (pic)

This photo was taken during Moment Of Surrender at one of the Barcelona shows. If God Will Send His Angels?

Here's the original link: Someone from u2 has to explain this!. In Barcelona these appe... on Twitpic

kerrylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 06:12 AM
As much as I would love to believe this, I think it's photoshop magic. Are there any graphic artists in here that can shed some light? Excuse the pun!

Jeannieco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 02:12 PM
This pic is beautiful, but it's photoshopped, nobody saw anything like this in Barcelona, at least my friends and I didn't and nobody has said a thing about it in any forum.
Marien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marien View Post
This pic is beautiful, but it's photoshopped, nobody saw anything like this in Barcelona, at least my friends and I didn't and nobody has said a thing about it in any forum.
I was at this concert too. I don't recall it and first heard of it on this forum, but my friend who was with me remembers seeing it, it was projected from the claw. I double checked on a DVD bootleg from u2s and you can see them. I wish I'd noticed!!
stratocaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
I was at this concert too. I don't recall it and first heard of it on this forum, but my friend who was with me remembers seeing it, it was projected from the claw. I double checked on a DVD bootleg from u2s and you can see them. I wish I'd noticed!!
Can you post the video clip that shows this please? Or have them download it to youtube?
Thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:29 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

It could also be some reflection.
last unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannieco View Post
Can you post the video clip that shows this please? Or have them download it to youtube?
Thanks!
Hey Jeannieco, the file is quite large. I will try and edit it to show the clip where you can see it and send you a link. I'll have to do this 2moro as I have to get going
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
It could also be some reflection.
It's a reflection of the light in the steam.
Bonoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
Hey Jeannieco, the file is quite large. I will try and edit it to show the clip where you can see it and send you a link. I'll have to do this 2moro as I have to get going
Ok, thank you!!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #10
Refugee

stratocaster:
Can you, please, share it with me? I'd like to see it, I'm so surprised nobody saw it in the stadium, it would be great if you can.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
Refugee

I was in Barcelona and can 110% confirm that it's a real picture, it was projected towards the lower end of the Stadium by one of the lights at the foot of the claw (left front one). I could see it perfectly as I was standing right in front of it, many people turned around to see it as well, so it's not a big secret.

This wasn't done at any other show I was at, looks like Barcelona was a one-off. But U2 change graphics here and there all the time, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Besides, most stadiums didn't have a good roof where the image could be projected onto, Barcelona had a very nice wall-like roof at its lower end...

But yeah, anyway, the pic is real as it can get!
mirrorballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorballman View Post
I was in Barcelona and can 110% confirm that it's a real picture, it was projected towards the lower end of the Stadium by one of the lights at the foot of the claw (left front one). I could see it perfectly as I was standing right in front of it, many people turned around to see it as well, so it's not a big secret.

But yeah, anyway, the pic is real as it can get!
I'm trying to revise all my friends and my own takes of that night, because I love the image, maybe we were in parts of the stadium (we were in different places) we couldn't see it, but it would be fantastic if I found it in our own pics and nobody had realised. It was Barna 1, wasn't it? I know you are especific about the point, but I don't get it when you say the left front one, if I were Bono on stage looking to the main body of the stadium would I have to look right of left? (I'm sorry I'm so bad at directions, if it bothers you, just ignore the post)
Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marien View Post
I'm trying to revise all my friends and my own takes of that night, because I love the image, maybe we were in parts of the stadium (we were in different places) we couldn't see it, but it would be fantastic if I found it in our own pics and nobody had realised. It was Barna 1, wasn't it? I know you are especific about the point, but I don't get it when you say the left front one, if I were Bono on stage looking to the main body of the stadium would I have to look right of left? (I'm sorry I'm so bad at directions, if it bothers you, just ignore the post)
It was done on both Barca nights.

As to the direction: Facing the claw/stage, I saw the projection coming from the front claw on the left side (Edge side), there was an extra beamer or something of that kind if I remember correctly. The whole thing was projected onto the (again, facing the stage) back of the stadium on the right side (the side in Nou Camp which has a roof!)...

I hope that was a bit clearer, I'm horrible in description
mirrorballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 AM   #14
Refugee

Thank you so much! No, you're not horrible, it's just I'm one of those people who have two right arms or two left, depending on the occasion, first night I was on Edge's side and second on Adam's, so I think I know where to start looking for it, if I get any pics I'll post them here. Thanks again!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #15
The Fly

Hey Marien, sorry for getting back to you so late.
I just arrived home late 2nite but I will post screenshots and and link you to a short clip as soon as I get the chance.
Exactly as mirrorball man described, two angels were projected on the small roof section which was to the right of stage if you are facing the band from the main GA section. In the video i downloaded you can only see 1 of the angels in the top right hand corner of the screen, and the wings are flowing quite quickly. The image on this post is just excellent timing!
Hopefully i'll get it up soon. Sorry for the delay!