1988 Grammies - Goal is Soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
"...But, tonight is maybe not the night for me to do that, so I, uh, instead just, uh, I'd like to talk about the music, uh, as we set out to make music, soul music. Uh, that's what U2 wanted to make. It was soul music. It's not about being black or white, or the instruments you play, or whether you use a drum machine or not. It's a, it's a decision to reveal or conceal. And, uh, without it, uh, people like Prince would be nothing more than a brilliant song-and-dance man that he is, but he's much more than that. People like Bruce Springsteen would be nothing more than a, he would be nothing more than a great storyteller, but he's much more than that. Um, without it, U2 would probably be getting better reviews in the Village Voice, but, um, that, that's a joke. s-Sometimes they don't understand. Uh, without it, U2 certainly wouldn't be here and we are here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than New York City tonight. Thank you." - Bono 1988 Grammy acceptance speech.

Thank you OliveU2cm.

Persistance and prayer pays off.

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 01-14-2002).]

atthegrammies.jpg

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

omg, drumkeeran, I was just watching that footage the other day and those words stuck out to me as well. U2 has always been about "soul" music.
smile.gif

Thanks for posting that.

-sula

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 01-15-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom