ZOOTV Confessionals (Random Facts... thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So here we go again, the last thread has reached its' limit. Here's what's going on w/ me...

I'm kind of a political guy; I mean, I'm just incredibly fascinated by it all. Anytime anybody brings up the debates or whatever popular news article involving Obama/ Romney... I'm always the obnoxious butthole that's got something to say.

So yeah, that's just prelude to the conundrum I find myself in: Tuesday's Election. Either poor timing w/ various studies or simply a matter of money, I have yet to visit my girlfriend in Indiana since she moved there over the summer. At long last, I've finally made arrangements to see her this Friday -- spending a whole week together! It's going to be a great time: might travel to Indianapolis, *really* want to drive over to Chicago and check out the city's aquarium, maybe even give Purdue Law School a visit. Except there's one itsy-bitsy, teeny-weenie dilemma: early voting ended today :doh:

I am ALWAYS expressing the need to vote to my friends/ family/ students ...whoever will bother to listen. And I didn't vote. UGH! I know, I know... what's one vote matter in the grand scheme of things anyway, right? Not to mention the fact that I live in Louisiana, so a vote for Obama is pretty much meaningless considering this is a red state, know what I mean? But I still can't shake the feeling that I should take part in what is probably the most important election of my life.

Anyway, that's just what's been going on over in my neck of the bayou. Continue on with your various confessions, random facts, etc... :drunk:

In my country, a big truck comes after you if you don't vote. It chases after you until you're way out in the never-never and you are left only to have your bones bleached by the sun. You can try to run or lie, but the big truck will come after you. Because it knows.

I'm too young to vote so all this madness doesn't apply to me. :D

In my country, a big truck comes after you if you don't vote. It chases after you until you're way out in the never-never and you are left only to have your bones bleached by the sun. You can try to run or lie, but the big truck will come after you. Because it knows.
Sounds like the movie Duel (which totally creeped me out when I saw it this summer).

Anyway, what I have to say is, I finished a story on Monday that I started in June. 344 pages. I was so relieved it was over and done with. Then yesterday I started considering ideas for a sequel, and now I have six established characters bounding around in my head vying for my attention. My brain must hate me or something. Ain't no rest for the creative people... :p

Ha, that's one way to get people voting.

I was just trying to be funny though, of course I do vote in my own country's elections. :wink:

Random confession time.

1 - I'm an asshole and haven't been in here in forever. :reject:

Corollary: recently had a closer brush with the big guy carrying the scythe than I'm at all comfortable with. Thereby --

2 - Amazing how your priorities rearrange themselves when something like that happens. Never lost the love for the band or the Blue Craic, I'd just... been caught up in all kinds of other stuff, and realized I missed the environment here quite a bit.

3 - Really, really hoping no ill has befallen the people I used to talk to here.

:tsk: i voted on the second day of early voting even though i too live in a red state :tsk:
uFn8R.gif

Has anyone else noticed that women who use three names on facebook are more likely to be batshit insane than those who use only two? And the US election seems to bring out the three name crazy women in even greater numbers than normal. :crack:

Has anyone else noticed that women who use three names on facebook are more likely to be batshit insane than those who use only two? And the US election seems to bring out the three name crazy women in even greater numbers than normal. :crack:
:lol:

What's really funny about that comment is that I just friended a coworker on facebook with FOUR names... and she's way past crazy :coocoo:

Ahem . . . I use my first name, my "maiden" name, and my last name pm Facebook; and I'm the sanest person you'd ever wanna meet! :lol:

We needed a new car and also wanted a 2nd car for a host of reasons, even though on a daily basis I am the only one who drives to work. So we went and picked one up last Saturday - should get it tomorrow.

We have also been on the market for a house as our wedding date approaches next summer. Bought one last night. I am a little bit feeling like I'll be eating ramen noodles for the next little while. Kind of overwhelming but also super exciting!

I haven't purchased a single Christmas gift but I got a great Cyber Monday deal today. For myself. I'm going to look for at least one deal on a gift so I won't feel as badly about that. I didn't go near a single store all weekend.

I'm posting this confession here because I couldn't decide whether to put it in the Reading is Sexy thread or the Game of Thrones thread, so here goes:

I confess that when I read a book and I feel some huge revelation or twist is about to happen, I literally skip paragraphs or even pages to read that part. Meaning, I do not let the suspense build and read the book as it goes.

Horrible, right?

Just now, I was reading whatever information I could get on Season 3 of Game of Thrones online because I am so hyped for it after seeing the behind the scenes video that's going around. So now, I basically know who's going to die in Season 3 before it even begins.

I'm always reading spoilers in book and movie reviews. Yep. I spoil everything for myself. Make sense out of that!

:reject:

I'm posting this confession here because I couldn't decide whether to put it in the Reading is Sexy thread or the Game of Thrones thread, so here goes:

I confess that when I read a book and I feel some huge revelation or twist is about to happen, I literally skip paragraphs or even pages to read that part. Meaning, I do not let the suspense build and read the book as it goes.

Horrible, right?

Just now, I was reading whatever information I could get on Season 3 of Game of Thrones online because I am so hyped for it after seeing the behind the scenes video that's going around. So now, I basically know who's going to die in Season 3 before it even begins.

I'm always reading spoilers in book and movie reviews. Yep. I spoil everything for myself. Make sense out of that!

I actually do that with books too. :reject: Not so much that I want to be spoiled, I hate that in fact. But if I'm reading and I have that feeling like you said that some huge revelation or twist is coming, I can't help from my eyes wandering forward little bits, just glimpses, maybe to break the shock? I dunno. :lol: It's totally dumb.

Oh good, I'm not alone!

I guess its the same for me: I can't help myself. Its like, I need to know now! But yeah, its totally dumb.

Oh good, I'm not alone!

I guess its the same for me: I can't help myself. Its like, I need to know now! But yeah, its totally dumb.

I also have to practically staple the last page shut. :shifty: I have the horrible urge to just flip there and glance at it once in a while.

And if there are pictures in the book? Forget it. I gotta see em all NOW.

Horrible, right?

How far are you in that book? Let's just say, lots of people die. Season 3 will be fucking awesome.

I'm not reading the books. What I have been doing is checking out blogs that discuss the books (and give lots of information) to satisfy the suspense I already have for Season 3 - which I'm pretty sure will be awesome!

The reason why I mentioned books is that no matter what book I read, I do skip ahead to end the suspense for me. So whether it is a book, movie or TV show, I always spoil everything for myself.

Back
Top Bottom