wow miracle drug has never meant so much to me than today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
my aunt has just now been diagnosed with having a tumour on the colon, and the meaning of miracle drug has just sunk in :(

but its also made me relise what an idiot i have been to some people on this forum, for what? something that can easily be done without in life, but my family cant, so sorry to everyone i hurt/offended, but today has made me relise what a horrible person i have been

"in science and in medicen there is no limit, there is no failure here sweetheart, just when you quit"

please god i need your help tonight and give my aunt a miracle drug :sad: :(

We often realize how trivial certain things may be... when something 'for real' and traumatizing happens. :hug: Please give her and your family my best.

thank you, means so much :) just tops of what has been a pretty crappy year so far, first my mother was ill and still has no idea whats wrong, and now this, but thats bonoschick and sicy, means so much to me, specially after the way i have been on this forum,

You are not a horrible person. Everyone makes mistakes, or perhaps says things they shouldn't on the forums. When a post upsets me, before I reply I try to always keep in mind that the person on the other end of the keyboard is a real person too, maybe they're having a hard time right now, maybe they just got some bad news about a loved one too, who knows.

Very sorry to hear about your aunt. :( I really don't know what else to say. :sigh: :hug:

All the best to your aunt, and I am sure that she won't need a Miracle Drug and that doctors will do the best for her and that she will be fine in no time.

:up:

every time i get off the computer i ask myself why i say the things i do, when i'm not at all like this in real.

7ust a reminder for everyone to take what i say with a grain of salt...for i'm not nearly as bitter as i sound sometimes. :wink:

best of luck to your aunt...

All the best KUEFC09U2 to you and your aunt. My Grandfather had the same thing, though he died from it spreading, so I wish her a speedy recovery if possible.

With all this talk of reality maybe people could consider how they treat me. I'm a real person too, I can't just 'Deal with it'.

Palace_Hero said:

With all this talk of reality maybe people could consider how they treat me. I'm a real person too, I can't just 'Deal with it'.

I'm thinking that the fact that you can twist every thread to be about you and how you are the top sexiest, elgible bachelor, king of interference, blah blah blah that the issue really isn't about you being a real person. It's about something entirely different.

The fact that you would even bring this up in a thread about someone's ill aunt makes me fucking sick, as most of your posts do.

I'll be keeping your aunt in my thoughts and sending off good vibes to her and all those who care about her. :hug:

Best wishes for your family

Don't worry too much, though.
It's just a moment, it's time will pass. Everything that needs to happen will, and it will all work out in the end.

:up:

I wish your aunt and your entire family strength and a speedy recovery.

Miracle Drug was one of the few songs that helped me get through my recent ordeal as well. The day before HTDAAB was released in North America, my 3 month old baby boy under went open heart surgery....Those lyrics made me cry....it's as if it was written for me and my son.

U2s lyrics (except for maybe numb and miami:wink: ) will give you comfort in your time of need.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm thinking that the fact that you can twist every thread to be about you and how you are the top sexiest, elgible bachelor, king of interference, blah blah blah that the issue really isn't about you being a real person. It's about something entirely different.

The fact that you would even bring this up in a thread about someone's ill aunt makes me fucking sick, as most of your posts do.

Wowee, this is hardly the time and the place for such vitriol. For the record, have you ever read my posts in this forum? I doubt many could find fault, I am both sensitive and caring.

I notice also that despite you acknowledging that this thread is about someone's ill aunt, you don't offer your thoughts.

KUEFC09U2 on behalf of BonoVoxSupastar I am genuinely sorry that this has been hijacked and I hope we can all overlook the nastiness. It is your aunt who needs our positive energy, and here we are wasting the negative energy.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

That's how Bad is for me. It never meant anything to me until this year, watching my father deal with alcoholism. The meaning really hit home with me then. :(

daygloeyes2 said:
I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

That's how Bad is for me. It never meant anything to me until this year, watching my father deal with alcoholism. The meaning really hit home with me then. :(

I'm with you right there. I know it is about heroin addiction but the vagueness of Bad for me allows it to be applied to any sort of similar situation of desperation and a feeling of no hope. That is why it is such a wonderful song, because it is real in so many ways. And yet whilst being depressing in subject matter, has this underlying optimism.

KUEF - I'm thinking of you buddy. I'm going thru a similar situation right now, and I have thought the same each time I have listened to Miracle Drug since. All the best to you and your aunt :hug:

To BVS - Palace Hero made no mention of the things you accuse him of in his post. And in the threads where he does, they are jokes! He jokes about being 'King Of Interference', it's not meant for people to take offence to.
And I don't think you have read many of his posts. He posts often in this part of the forum, and in others, with sensible and thought out ideas or advice, but is 99% of the time ignored, probably cos people think he's just making another joke.
So if ur not gonna put him on ur ignore list, i'd say to take a look now and then and his posts in ZC or some other non u2-related threads, as he comes across as a very intelligent young man.

I would also add that using the F word in a thread such as this, isn't a very nice thing to do.

KUEF, i am sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope everything will be alright.

Palace_Hero said:

I'm with you right there. I know it is about heroin addiction but the vagueness of Bad for me allows it to be applied to any sort of similar situation of desperation and a feeling of no hope. That is why it is such a wonderful song, because it is real in so many ways. And yet whilst being depressing in subject matter, has this underlying optimism.

I agree. It reflected my feelings perfectly about wanting to help my father in some way, but at the same time feeling helpless and not knowing what to do.

And Aardvark is right on about PH. :yes: :up:

KUEFC09U2, I apologize for any change in the direction of your thread. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

But I standby the discust I have for anyone who twist this thread to be about them. Yes I've seen many of your posts from today and even back in the day before you were kicked out of FYM and they haven't changed much.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Does this not consitute a personal attack????
If it was posted by certain other people on this forum action by the mods would be quick in coming:mad:

boystupidboy said:
If it was posted by certain other people on this forum action by the mods would be quick in coming:mad:

Thanks bsb, whilst I appreciate your sentiment but I don't want an issue made of it here. If mods want to deal with BVS in private, that is great, but lets draw a line right now and get back to the important topic at hand.

Last edited:
boystupidboy said:

Did you ever think that mayhaps a mod hadn't seen it yet? Interference is huge, and we can't catch everything right away. I am just seeing it for the first time now. If you see something that you feel a mod should notice and take action upon, use the function to report a post, please.

Palace said in the last reply that he doesn't want to make an issue out of it anyway, so let's just let that die and continue on with this thread.

Sorry for the interruption, KUEFC09U2.

Back
Top Bottom