Uh...whoops...major brain fart leads to fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
So, I was microwaving some water in a mug. I didn't even think about the fact that the mug was metal, I just thought "mug...for hot stuff...can microwave."

I had walked out for a minute, and when I walked back into the kitchen I could see flames in the microwave, so I opened it, filled up a large cup with water and doused it (it took several times before the fire went completely out).

So, now I feel REALLY stupid...however I have the feeling I'm not the only student on this campus who has done something like that...:shifty:

I'm just glad I didn't set off the fire alarm :lol:

you're not the only one...

....I remember a high school exchange student that learned about aluminum foil and micro-waves on the first night at my cousins house.

She was afraid to go back into the kitchen for the first wk. :|

U2democrat said:
So, I was microwaving some water in a mug. I didn't even think about the fact that the mug was metal, I just thought "mug...for hot stuff...can microwave."

I had walked out for a minute, and when I walked back into the kitchen I could see flames in the microwave, so I opened it, filled up a large cup with water and doused it (it took several times before the fire went completely out).

So, now I feel REALLY stupid...however I have the feeling I'm not the only student on this campus who has done something like that...:shifty:

I'm just glad I didn't set off the fire alarm :lol:

stupid would be not switching it off first before dousing it with water.

which you did, right?

.....:uhoh:

:yikes: .......My microwave nearly caught on fire once , when i tried to make popcorn in an "early model" tupperware container, it melted a gaping hole right through the bottom of the bowl. No popcorn popped just kernels inbedded in the hot plastic.....could not get the smell of plastic out of my house for days!:reject:

U2democrat said:

I have the feeling I'm not the only student on this campus who has done something like that...

Nah. My friends and I used to take old CDs and put them in the microwaves for about 15 seconds. They would flame and spark, but come out with this cool snake skin pattern. No one really did anything more useful in the dorm coffee kitchens anyway.

I was making popcorn in the kitchen at work once when I worked in DC and put it on for too long and it caught on fire in the microwave. A few minutes later, some Capitol Police officers came into the office to ask if someone had started a fire. Apparently I set off a silent smoke alarm in the kitchen, and if the smoke had gotten to one of the detectors in the office (about a foot away), the entire Capitol complex would've been evacuated because of my popcorn. :reject:

My roommate my freshman year of college microwaved a marshmallow Peep for an entire minute in our microwave. You can imagine what happened. :|

BonoIsMyMuse said:
My roommate my freshman year of college microwaved a marshmallow Peep for an entire minute in our microwave. You can imagine what happened. :|

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom