U2,, Private or public obsession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know how you feel yimou! My mates HATE U2!!:madspit: I have no idea of how they can hate them! I mean they must like at least one song! There always slaggin off U2 expecially my bono saying that hes old enough to be my dad etc! They also say that U2 are 50? and they are holding onto their last bit of youth wearing leather pants!!!

They really wind me up grrr, there 44!!! and only 28 yrs older than me! U2 are way better than their fave bands i mean Green day and Franz Ferdinand? :ohmy: :eyebrow:

I dont really have anyone in my surroundings that hate u2, or at least they dont have the guts to tell it to my face (everyone knows my obsession with u2).

I have a couple friends who are big u2 fans, a couple came by and we all watched the MTV JAMMED show tonight actually on MTV2.

But I'd say 90% of my friends like u2 but don't love them, like a couple of their songs, or just listen to only hip hop.

Quick story. I do have one group of friends who are all about 5 years older than me (I'm 24) and can only talk about Led Zeppelin and Floyd but show a geniune respect for u2. So last weekend my one friend who just got married threw a party at his new townhouse. This guy has about 15 pink floyd posters in his bathroom, yes...it's that serious!!! Anyway, he was the so-called DJ for the night and he did played "Elevation" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and as he was mimicking Larry's drum riffs, he told me that "U2 aren't as good as floyd, but their definetly in my top 5 greatest bands ever." And in the late hours when we were playing poker my other friend rambled on about guitar playing for like two hours and told us how great Jimmy Page was. But when he found out I liked u2 so much, he told me Edge was a "genius" because of his innovation with the guitar sound.

Who knows? Maybe I can make them die-hards like me. They got me into Floyd. By the way, to any fans of them, have you guys heard of "the Machine," I heard their known as their biggest cover band? I'm planning to go to Atlantic City for new years to catch their show (among other things). Anyone seen them, I heard their light shows are like the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom