This happens to me quite a bit on college campuses these days..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
I'm going back to school with pronounced proding and admonishment from my lovely wife.

So as I've been meeting with enrollment counselors and advisors while waiting in lobbies for my appointments. I always have a little down time to day dream, reminisce of what colud of been, if only I would have got my schooling out of the way 20 years ago, etc etc.

I occassionally see students in the lobby sitting nearby as I wait, thinking as my mind wanders. Sometimes a young lady may smile at me in a pleasent manner. I, misreading her intentions delusionally speculate she may be enamoured with my distinguished yet curious looks. However when engaging in dialouge with these kids, 9 times out of ten, especially the females usually ask me if I'm a professor or an instructor.

I explain to them I only have 12 credits to my name and encourage them not to take the road I took or they colud be me in 20 years, daydreaming in the lobbies of unknown college campuses.

dbs

Last edited:
That's cool that you're going back to school though, diamond, at least give yourself some credit for that. What are you studying?

U2democrat said:
I applaud you :applaud:

You're being a good role model for your girls.

That was one of the reasons.:yes:
Another was when my wife and I met on the internet @ MatchDotCom I put in my profile that I had "some college".

She never inquired if I had a degree.:wink:

She has a Masters.

6 months into our marrige during a session of pillow talk it came out that I had some college and 20 years ago I was working on that ever illusive Associates degee.

She threw her shoe at me, and then we frolicked.:ohmy:

Now I'm enrolled in college.

dbs

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Higher education may try to "liberalize" you... Are you prepared for that? Or maybe that was your wife's intentions.:hmm:

Hahahahaha Love that BVS. It's funny you say that. My friend is a total liberal, yet I always bug the shit out of him with conservative ideas.

Have fun in College Diamond. It's taking me for ever because as I quoted in speech class from the great song by U2. I still haven't found what I am looking for.

Congrats on going back! My mom's good friend went back to school in her mid-40s. Not night school or online school, she went to regular classes just like the 17 year olds. She loves her new career though.

I have the opposite problem as you, I am graduated, but I work in IT for a college. Since I'm younger than most people in the grade below me, people look at me and treat me as if I'm a student. :mad:

redhotswami said:
:applaud: Diamond, that is wonderful! I hope this opportunity helps you get closer to realizing your dreams :)

Maybe she'll let me stop sleeping on the couch, and ask me to come back to bed.
:sexywink:

dbs

ah welcome back to the college routine. I met with my advisor last week and he and I both had a laugh at my transcripts, because I have been working on my undergrad since the fall of 1993! I told him "hey at least I never gave up!" I am almost done though. FINALLY! :)

Oh and April welcome back too.

Back
Top Bottom